Proposed Event for 2008

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am wondering how many would be interested in this event?

I was looking for something different to do this year. After chatting with a fellow member we thought about a cruise and pig roast. We would meet for a cruise and travel to a members house where we would enjoy an afternoon with fun and friends while chowing down on Wilbur.

The cruise would likely begin in the Fredericksburg VA area (about an hour south of DC). We would cruise for between 1 and 1.5 hours to the other members home. His home is in Sperryville VA about an hour West of DC. There would be no charge, but you will have some extensive driving if you live in the DC or Richmond areas (you wouldn't have to attend the cruise). The cruise would involve some long stretches of 4 lane and very curvy switchbacks in the Virginia hills (Rt 211 for those familiar).

The event would likely take place in late summer (first weekend in August). Would others be interested in something like this?

Matt

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm the other member and will be the one roasting Wilbur, so for sure I'm in. I also have 4 extra bedrooms if anyone isn't up to the drive home after stuffing themselves.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm up for it- does ****** or whatever his name, from the Dukes of Hazzard, still have his place in Sperryville?

I have some nice shots of my Vette and the General Lee from a visit out to his place.

OP
OP
Batboy

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good questions Lee. I'll let Greg answer the questions for feeding, but from roasts I've had in the past you could literally feed 50+ with one pig. Parking may be the biggest question but again I'll Greg answer that one. We can take a bunch on the cruise. That shouldn't be a problem.

Lee, can you tentatively set a date of August 2nd?

Matt

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,

The minimum size hog I can order is 80lb dressed weight. With all the sides I plan to prepare we can accomodate up to about 70 folks. Everyone will go home with doggie bags trust me. I have a driveway that can fit 10 to 12 cars if parked right and a lawn that will hold about 50 more. Bring em on.

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be able to drum up some interest from a group of us from here in Tidewater. But there is a big IF in all of this.
IF the VOI is in Detroit, and IF it occurs on or near the Woodward Ave. dream cruise time frame, that will be the week of Aug 16'th, we will not make the pig pickin'.
I'm not claiming any inside info here, I'm just connecting dots on my own by listening to and reading all the clues.
If I'm way off...we'll see you at the cruise!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I may be able to drum up some interest from a group of us from here in Tidewater. But there is a big IF in all of this.
IF the VOI is in Detroit, and IF it occurs on or near the Woodward Ave. dream cruise time frame, that will be the week of Aug 16'th, we will not make the pig pickin'.
I'm not claiming any inside info here, I'm just connecting dots on my own by listening to and reading all the clues.
If I'm way off...we'll see you at the cruise!

Interesting.......
:ponder:

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting.......
:ponder:

Think about it... VOI-10 in Detroit at the home base of Viper for the 10'th anniversary of the VOI. Also, Woodward Dream Cruise = thousands of people AND every car magazine there, with cameras. All this at a time when we are trying to impress upon Chrysler the importance of the Viper.
What better and free publicity?...over 1000 Vipers invade Woodward. Our club would be all over the magazines. I'm pretty sure those in charge would notice. It would surely be a nightmare to organize. But, if planned out, it would be one of the most memorable VOI's.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good questions Lee. I'll let Greg answer the questions for feeding, but from roasts I've had in the past you could literally feed 50+ with one pig. Parking may be the biggest question but again I'll Greg answer that one. We can take a bunch on the cruise. That shouldn't be a problem.

Lee, can you tentatively set a date of August 2nd?

Matt

We should be doing the schedule pretty quickly in the next few weeks and I don't see any problem with August 2nd tentatively. I see John is on the thread too maybe he can jump in if he sees a conflict.

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be in for that. I went ot college in the south and my friends and I used to smoke a pig often for the football games. Can be a blast and plenty of good food.