radar detector mirror mount

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just finished perusing the 'radar mirror' site. A viper would lose the laser detection of the Valentine1 when the main V1 unit is concealed. I noticed that yours isn't installed in a viper.
explain this...why? the mirror v1 looks-killer

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From their site...

Q: Will it still function properly?

A: K, Ka and X band radar operates on invisible radio waves, which are unobstructed and unaffected by most of the materials inside a headliner or headrest. Metal however, will obstruct the radar signal. It is important when installing the radar unit that it is vertically within same range as your windshield. Suggestions for locating the radar unit are provided in the installation section of our site for many specific vehicles. If your vehicle is not listed you may contact us for additional support.

In many cases installing the V1 in a concealed location will reduce or eliminate the detection of laser or LIDAR, as these sensors require an unobstructed line of sight in order to function. In some applications we have been able to conceal the radar unit and preserve laser detection.

Many do not consider laser detectors to be an effective defense against laser as in most cases your speed will be simultaneously recorded the instant you receive an alert. The use of a laser jammer is recommended as the only effective defense against laser.

JBsZ06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I buzzed out the connector on my '06. It's a flat 7 pin connector (only 3 wires used) that you can pull off the back of the mirror. Pin 1 is closest to the driver. Wires are in positions 2,6,7. Pin 2 is constant +12vdc and where the yellow Visacord probe goes. Pin 7 is ground and where the black Visacord probe goes. I used additional small cable ties to tie the probes to the individual wires acting as a strain relief, then another cable tie to secure it to the bundle. Good luck.....

Thanks for the detail description

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That mount is on ebay for 19.99. That's where I bought mine. Identical to the ****** brand. I'll try to find the buyer's name.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave