Seat Adjustment

zzeck1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds like a stupid question, but is there any way to move the back of the driver/passenger seat forward? :dunno:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should have a leaver under the seat to slide the base of the seat forward or backwards, then if you come up a little higher at the front of the seat is a black plastic tab, if you pull on this the back of the seat will tilt forwards allowing you access to the pocket behind the seat. You should also have a black rubber tube with a lumbar support.

Hope that helps.

OP
OP
Z

zzeck1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys....I was looking for the tab to tilt the seat. I'll check it out.

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds like a stupid question, but is there any way to move the back of the driver/passenger seat forward? :dunno:

If someone installed the 2 inch drop brackets there is no seat adjustment.

Last edited:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not quite right, you can still adjust the back of the seat. Ive got the seat lowering kit on my drivers seat ;)

Agreed. Had lowering kits on both my Gen 1 & 2 and still was able to at least tilt the seat back or forward. The lever is very small and subtle. Keep looking... :D

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's not quite right, you can still adjust the back of the seat. Ive got the seat lowering kit on my drivers seat ;)

directly for the catalog
"Lower your standard Viper seat 1” or 2”. Sold as a set per seat. The 1" Seat lowering kits retain full fore/aft travel. The 2" lowering kit is a fixed position (no travel) kit."

One inch retain full fore/aft travel
Two inch is a fixed position (no travel)

You must have a one inch kit, I said 2 inch kit.

harley56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many cars allow you to adjust the angle/tilt of the seatback. Our Vipers do not.

Yes they do. Read Fatboy's post.

Thanks Chuck. I've always used that lever to move the seatback forward to clean back there, then moved it all the way back as I never have enough room no matter what. Never tried to stop in incraments, kind of thought it was like other rear seatback releases. All these years and still learning!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
directly for the catalog
"Lower your standard Viper seat 1” or 2”. Sold as a set per seat. The 1" Seat lowering kits retain full fore/aft travel. The 2" lowering kit is a fixed position (no travel) kit."

One inch retain full fore/aft travel
Two inch is a fixed position (no travel)

You must have a one inch kit, I said 2 inch kit.
No I have the 2" Kit, what YOU (and the catalog) are refering to is the seat base (the bit your Butt sits on :) The original poster was asking about the seat BACK (the Vertical bit) :)

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck. I've always used that lever to move the seatback forward to clean back there, then moved it all the way back as I never have enough room no matter what. Never tried to stop in incraments, kind of thought it was like other rear seatback releases. All these years and still learning!

That's kinda funny. Sounds like something I'd do - use the feature for one thing and never realize it could also be used for something so obvious. Did you play football without a helmet too?

To be fair, I never knew about it either until the instructors at Viper Days showed me many years ago.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Press one for English here. The OP cleary states moving the seat back, not the seat or seat base. That action of moving the seat back is known as tilting the seat and no seat lowering kit affects that function. As in removing the ability to tilt the seat back because you've lowered the seat.

Carry on ladies.

OP
OP
Z

zzeck1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found it, but not until I took the seat totally out. I had 2 straps that hold the bottom seat in place not attached for some reason. When I saw the straps I decided to take the seat completely out. I'm missing a small rod to hold the seat straps. Looks like I could use some "S" hooks if I can't find the part. Anyway, I finally found the latch to move the back of the seat. WOW...what a difference (joking of course). I still can't get behind there to clean. By the way, there is a easy way to get to the straps without taking the seats out. Just remove a clip in front bottom part of the seat and the velcro attached to the net and presto, bottom cusion comes off. Thanks for the comments! :smirk: