Shipping Viper to the UK????

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone shipped a Viper to the UK???

If so please help me out with what to look for. It is a long haul and I want to make sure this baby arrives in PERFECT condition.

If anyone can recommend a shipper that would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks,
ROB :usa:

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know the details of why you're asking, but please tell me that you're not selling your car to someone who emailed you and said he would buy your car through his escrow service, but the car will need to be shipped to the UK. Oh, and hes willing to pay more than you're asking for the car.

Eddie

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.ukviperclub.org/page21.html

try Bill Pemberton he has sent a few cars over as well

We also had a car come and go to Dan Cragins in the last couple of months, one also to Florida and one from NY they all used the same shipper, each time they were put in a container. I can find out the name of the company if you wish

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know the details of why you're asking, but please tell me that you're not selling your car to someone who emailed you and said he would buy your car through his escrow service, but the car will need to be shipped to the UK. Oh, and hes willing to pay more than you're asking for the car.

Eddie

I did sell my car to a guy in the UK, but he is not BS'ing me. I made sure that he will wire the money to me first OR he is going to fly in, stay at my house and work out everything then. Thanks for your concern, I would hate to be scamed by some of these guys out there. This guy is REALLY nice and he has been looking for a Viper for sometime. We exchanged emails a few times and spoke on the phone for about 1 hour last night.

Thanks for the info.
ROB

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take it your talking to Ian in the UK???

I just heard 10 minutes ago he's looking to import a ACR through Baltimore,
he talked to of one of our members at Goodwood a couple of weeks ago and is trying to get hold of Jan who wrote the import article in the link above

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One piece of advice : do not use EMO-Trans, which might get recommended by some people in the US.
Their last 2 shipments to Europe have been total disasters.
I personally received a fradulous invoice. The other car got damaged. Oh - and both cars arrived several weeks late.

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take it your talking to Ian in the UK???

I just heard 10 minutes ago he's looking to import a ACR through Baltimore,
he talked to of one of our members at Goodwood a couple of weeks ago and is trying to get hold of Jan who wrote the import article in the link above

You are correct!!! Ian is a Great guy. I look forward to meeting Ian and his wife in a few weeks. Watch out UK a Bad A$$ viper is coming soon.......

I am looking to get a quote from DAS shipping. I have used them a few times in the states and had great success. They do international shipping too.

Thanks for all the replies.
ROB

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap - that bumblebee was shipped roll-on roll-off? I know some of the guys who do the rolling on and rolling off here in Melbourne and I wouldn't trust them with a Fiesta!

I'm currently in the process of shipping a couple of old muscle cars to Australia. Using a company called Accord Overseas http://www.accordoverseas.com Their service so far seems good, but I guess the proof will come when I receive the cars. FWIW, they don't even touch them, they just tell us to deliver them to a packing co who containers them, and Accord just brokers and arranges all the services. So I guess as long as they use good people along the way, and aren't shady dealers, I'll be OK...

Good luck, let us know how you go, and who you use.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235