Snake Stories!

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funniest thing happened a couple of weeks ago. Owner of landscape maintenance company that services neighbors across the street was checking out the replanting of a tree blown over by a storm his crew had done a few days before. You could tell he was not "working" as he has his wife in the truck and was dressed nice. He saw me in the garage and asked if he could borrow a shovel. I gave him a shovel and when he kind of snuck up to return it I was not paying attention and I heard him say "that is a really nice sivler _______." I assumed he meant the Viper because people say things like that. I answered "yeah it is a really fun car." He looked at me funny and said "no I meant your tool box. That stainless steel is great where did you get it." He never even mentioned the car. Made me chuckle at myself.

Earlier in the day I stopped at the battery store to get a new battery for the car. I had the guy check to see if there was an Optima fitment for the Viper yet and he said "yep here it is - but it has a little note that says 'difficult install.' I wonder what that means?" If he only knew. (The chart was wrong BTW, they still do not have an Optima with the top terminals gone so it will fit).

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wife and I were taking a little Viper ride when we came to a local car show that we didn't know was going to be there.
We decided to park in the lot and go look at the show.

The parking lot guy stopped us, talked on his radio for a second and then inisted we go park in the show.

So we did just that. They put us across the isle from the Vettes.
I had crowds of people all day wanting to talk about Vipers.
The Vette guys didn't seem to notice us. I wonder why?

Anyway,
In a small town car show, a Viper is a big deal and that was cool.