South Fla.Viper Tect.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anyone know a good Viper Tect. in Broward County Fl.(Ft.Lauderdale) for a new owner of a 2008 Viper Coupe?Ie:Dealer.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Mark Leslie at University Dodge. He is the Service Manager and very knowlegeable about Vipers. His Viper techs service many SFVCA chapter Vipers including mine. Mark also runs his own 2800 HP monster ( not a Viper ) at Florida drag strips so he's not just a shirt.

Sandy G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a Viper tech that is very good at Moroone Dodge on 441 just off of Sample road. I went there acouple of times and even got a $49.95 special on an oil change with Mobil 1. I now go to Fairbanks and the tech is nice and seem s good. Good luck. If you need the name of the tech or the head of service let me know. He also knows local VCA Prez............sandy g.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of the Vipers maintained by University Dodge are regularly tracked - road course and drag strip. Mark's accumulated wisdom on Viper's - all generations - is unmatched among South Florida dealers. He and his techs maintained my 1999 Roe supercharged GTS ( this was when Mark was Service Manager at Hollywood Chrysler/Jeep which is owned by the same owner as University Dodge) and now they maintain my supercharged Woodhouse Performance Edition SRTC. I would not let another dealership touch my car.

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
keep in mind DLM is close to you guys down there. he's not a dealer but more than capable.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If a Viper is still in warranty, I believe that it is prudent to have it maintained by a dealer. If something goes wrong, this takes away the argument that the car was not properly maintained. Also, tuners come and go but if a dealer fails the record of any work done survives in the nationwide data base.

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bobpantex your a miami viper, where do you have your oil/filter changed. or do you do it yourself. its time for mine and i dont have the means to do. thanks B

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bobpantex your a miami viper, where do you have your oil/filter changed. or do you do it yourself. its time for mine and i dont have the means to do. thanks B

University Dodge. It's a decent drive, but I trust them and I take the Palmetto and the Sawgrass Expressway to get there. It's a nice ride. I do not have a lift at home and I do not want to be bothered with disposing of the old oil and the old filter. As an aging gearhead, I also enjoy my visits to the dealer. There's usually something interesting to look at and/or ask about.

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree 100%, thanks for heads up, will call and schedule a appt. as soon as i get back in town. have a good spring break, and enjoy the light traffic for the next week. Thanks B

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte