1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRT TA VS Huracan

Discussion in 'Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, AC' started by Craigers15, Dec 21, 2014.

1. Craigers15

Craigers15 Viper Owner

2. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Enthusiast

That looks like Tony's car again. Note the changed wheels. Congrats again Tony.

3. VIPER GTSR 91

VIPER GTSR 91 Viper Owner

4. Texas1

Texas1 Viper Owner

Tony representing!!!!

5. emericr

emericr Enthusiast

Nice video. I was not expecting the viper keeping the edge.

6. Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo Viper Owner

Take away their computer aided and AWD launch advantage and the Viper shows them how good ol' cubes and an experienced driver gets it done!

7. Nine Ball

Nine Ball Enthusiast

Thanks guys. I'm just lucky to have friends with expensive cars that are willing to beat on them for our tests :)

The Huracan would likely beat it from a dead stop, hard to overcome AWD. I also can't powershift 1-2 without losing traction, so the dual-clutch-automatic would certainly pick up more distance on the early part of a dead stop race. But, on the highway, it is just a battle of HP vs weight. If you can learn how to shift a Viper without lifting the throttle, then most automatics have no advantage.

Tony

8. PeerBlock

PeerBlock Viper Owner

The problem is that they couldn't even spell hurricane correctly so it makes you wonder what else they screwed up. Clearly a C-team effort. :D

True for any manual vehicle, and likely that most of the "pro racers" on this site calling for SRT to make automatic vipers don't know what power shifting is or how to do it properly.

9. SnakeBitten

SnakeBitten Enthusiast

Impressive. I'd like to see how you do against a 12C from a roll. The Huracan is about as fast as the 12C so it might just be a similar outcome.

10. Policy Limits

Policy Limits Viper Owner

I test drove a white Huracan in Boston and a green one in Chicago. Awesome. Waiting for spyder.

11. Nsane1

Nsane1 Viper Owner

Tony rocks, yet again. I was seriously considering this car, but with the lack of torque, and losing to Tony with that car closes that deal.

I just drove the 650R, wasn't impressed (actually feel the mp4 feels faster?!). So fingers hugely crossed for a 800 hp viper that makes the next car decision easy.