Straight Pipe Exhaust

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I have been running the Catless 3" mopar race exhaust for some time now, and I want the car to be louder. How Loud would my car be with just straight pipes and no mufflers, 125DB or so? Has anyone done this to their SRT, if so what are your thoughts? What is the sound quality like? Is the car tolerable? Thanks!

rtigert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Catless Mopar Race Exhaust on my SRT and it is much more quite than my GTS w/ side pipe conversion w/o cat's and mufflers (only leaving the resonators). Other than that, I cannot ad much and am subscribing to this thread ...:eater:

OP
OP
F

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea the mufflers on these race exhausts are long, they restrict a lot of sound IMO. I love the exhaust, but I want to step it up a notch.

j-rho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have straight pipes on an otherwise stock (headers and cats) SRT-10. It saves a bunch of weight, adds a bit of power, and makes it a bit cooler inside, but boy is it loud. I only drive the car with earplugs in or a helmet on. I wouldn't recommend it for a car that sees mainly street duty.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I tried this and it popped ALOT , horrible back fire with no restriction. It was wicked when you were on it but too obnoxious. I heard you when you came to my house and it didnt seem that loud. My Corsa, no cats and headers was probably louder. If you have the race, id assume you have no cats. if you do, remove them and think about adding headers for more sound and power. Then get a reflash tune of computer and get rid of all the decel pop so it sounds clean.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
MikeR is spot on. The popping is insane. I don't recommend it for street driving. It sounds glorious but after 10 mins most people have had enough.

goody03

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont know $h!t about vipers, but do they have a H or X pipe? I know X pipes help with the popping.

what does the underbody look like on these cars?

OP
OP
F

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried driving with straight pipes, and the car is LOUD. I went back to mopar race exhaust. I may just try the belanger set up.