Summit Point

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Link works fine...Here is my write of of the event....I have it listed in my very own section of the Viper Boards under SCCA & NASA Racing.

Today i had the opportunity to race @ Summit Point, with NASA. The group consists of Super Touring 1,2 & Unlimited, American Iron (Mustangs AI & AIX), German Motor Cars (Porsches & BMW) GTS 3-5, PTA & some fast Honda Challange Cars.

We have a standing start, just like the pro racers. I'm not a big fan of these so i like to start in the last row or even last. I did quality 6th, started 26th within our group.

The only 2 cars that did not have anyone else in their run group was a Super Unlimited Car (Ferrari Challange/Motorola Cup Car) and myself driving my Comp Coupe with World Challange Body Package & Headers.

When the flag dropped you hear all sorts of Horsepower, cars jocking for position, it really is a rush.

It took me 15 laps to finally catch up to the field leading Ferrari. I was driving my car hard the temp sensors were going off temp reached 245 degrees, with the coolant being water who knows what would happen. I decided to keep racing, i did pass the ferrari, lead the race for 1 lap & then all of a sudden this ferrari kicked into a different gear & ended up finishing 1st overall & 7 seconds ahead of the 2nd place car....

I didn't take home the trophy but i did have fun.

OP
OP
V

vpr4track

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice write up.
It was such a hot weekend, my temps were over 200, too. I didn't look at the gauge for too long, so I don't know the exact temp. I flushed the coolant and replaced it w/ water and water wetter this week.
Try not to give the Ferrari so much of a headstart next time. He had time to cool his tires before you got to him.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang