Supercharger vs. Warranty

Reaction score
Anytime you consider doing modifications to your Viper you are always compromising factory warranty coverage. It doesn't matter what type of modifications are on your agenda ... any mods can effect warranty coverage.

This is why it's so important to be realistic with your performance objectives. Case in point: If you own a 2000 Viper under warranty it may be a good candidate for MILD bolt-on mods, even a supercharger. But if your horsepower expectations are far greater than the engine can tolerate ... not only are you sacrificing the warranty but also your reliability. I find many people don't mind terminating their warranty coverage, but it's important to discuss the "ground rules" and expectations with your tuner first!

Regards,
Doug Levin

OP
OP
S

SoCal Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Doug
smile.gif

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No warranty can be summarily voided for any reason. If a part breaks and it can be reasonably argued that the failure was due to modification, then that particular warranty issue can be denied.

Phil

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bottom line:

Play it safe. If this is a concern, discuss it with you 'Viper Friendly' dealer. If the service manager/owner is a jack*ss, go elsewhere. I have to drive 30+ miles to find a nonjack*ss, but well worth it.... Of course, you have to be reasonable as well.

My rant..

BYT U L8R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Careful with the NOS...I am lucky and have a service group that will remove all mods before sending a car off to the factory (if needed). But there is an easy "swipe test" they are doing now to test for NOS usage. Any hint of NOS and...C-YA, no warranty for you!
Not saying it will happen to you, but it's been done to cars with extensive engine problems.
Have a good weekend!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paxton:
Hello all-

please visit www.sema.org for the law pertaining to aftermarket performance products and factory warranty. it's amazing how many rights we really do have concerning our factory warranty.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the reference! Here's some specific links on that site for this topic:
http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?ID=26337&criteria=warranty
http://www.enjoythedrive.com/content/?id=8250

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21