Testarossa and Viper comparisons?

JimmyCrackcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[ My Aikido classes are in a marginal area of town, and parking a Ferrari there

I

So let me turn it around..... HOW MANY MILES PER YEAR DO EACH OF YOU ACTUALLY DRIVE YOUR VIPERS, AND HOW MANY OF YOU USE THE CAR AS YOUR DAILY DRIVER, REALLY?

you might want to try a real martial art like brazilian jiu jitsu, just a suggestion

The more time I spend in the martial arts the less I find myself trying to discern what a "real martial art" would be. For me, finding something that allows me to center, find a flow, and translates into an ability to re-direct hostile energy in pressure situations while remaining calm, is reward enough.
Again, for me only, prior activities of my youth, including American boxing, judo, and Shotokan Karate were direct energy breaking school events, which rewarded strict discipline and direct confrontation. They were good, but now I am older (55) As much as I enjoyed those, the flexibility, center, speed, and flow required for Aikido (and my absolute clumsiness at it, leaving years of room for improvement) are a consistent challenge to me at a different level than self defense. I hope that there will never be a time I need to defend myself at street level. The balance of this is for personal growth, and physical fitness. Having said that, if ever I could master one art, I'd be more than pleased to learn more arts. Is Brazilian JuJitsu your chosen martial art? If so, what most attracts you to it as a "real martial art" compared to Aikido, or any other art?

Every class you test your skills against others who are testing theirs, big guys, small guys, all skill levels, so you know what moves work and how to apply them during actual grappling. most fights end up on the ground, and thats a good place to end it real fast. All martial arts are good though. good luck

OP
OP
L

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a nice car !
I too always dreamed about a Testarossa ...
But got a viper and I am proud of my car.

Of course you are, it's beautiful. I think the gas caps on the coupes are really terrific looking. Any day you can own a Viper is a good day.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cookviper