Thrown out of Cecil for 11.793 ET w/o cage (on stock tires and minor mods)

99 Sidewinder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have a roll cage in my Viper and found out this Wednesday that Cecil County Drag Strip enforces it. I ran an 11.917 and they gave me a warning. On my next run they threw me out for running an 11.793 at 120.69 MPH.

Oh well. I'm happy to run that time with STOCK TIRES and minor mods: K&N's, air box, Roe Cats, Mufflers, and computer. But I am bummed out as this is the closest track to me and they are enforcing the roll cage rule for being under a 12.000 ET.

Does MIR in MD and English Town, NJ enforce the roll cage rule? What about Maple Grove, PA?

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW those are great times! Wish I could do that, but I have to spray to hit 11's
frown.gif
I have the BTR rollbar and don't even notice it in the car anymore, you also need a 5 way harness to go 11's It seems all the tracks are getting more strict with the rules.

OP
OP

99 Sidewinder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a dry burnout to get a little heat into the tires. I launched at 2750 RPM letting the clutch out fairly quick. This gave me a 1.83 60-ft time. I shifted in the middle of the yellow for all of my shifts.

They said I need a 5 pt. roll cage. I don't know if they would let a roll bar slide.

The stock tires are o.k. for hooking up on the street as long as it is above 65 degrees out. (I am told that if it is too hot out they can get greasy and not hook up as good…above 90 degrees.)

OP
OP

99 Sidewinder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did a dry burnout to get a little heat into the tires. I launched at 2750 RPM letting the clutch
out fairly quick. This gave me a 1.83 60-ft time. I shifted in the middle of the yellow for all of my
shifts.

They said I need a 5 pt. roll cage. I don't know if they would let a roll bar slide.

The stock tires are o.k. for hooking up on the street as long as it is above 65 degrees out. (I am
told that if it is too hot out they can get greasy and not hook up as good…above 90 degrees.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
userSRTbro_