My Stock 06 Vert Does It Again With A New Best E.T. of 11.57 @ 122.41

vipeuup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not to pick a fight, but I have to agree with some, that all drag threads always turn into a Viper vs Z06 debate. Why always the Z06? Why not have people jump on here and say "That's great Speed, but the LP-560 is faster." or "Ya but it will never be as fast as my GT-R."
Why always the Z06? And why is everyone so sore about it? And no I don't believe the origin or price point matters in the debate, as one looks as common as a Mustang(albeit a very fast Mustang), and the other is more rare(looking).
Again it always seems as though the same people drop in with the same stories(true or not),and again I'm not vested. I am now reserved to believe that some people like to argue, and will feel better about themselves if they feel they've annoyed someone they will never meet. As the old saying goes, "Everyone's a tough guy on the phone." I guess the same could be said about forums now.:dunno:
Personally I don't come on here to argue, if I were looking to pick a fight I'd pick one with someone a lot closer to me. But then again, I think that separates the men from the boys.:cool:
Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Your not picking into a fight. All the things you mentioned above are correct. Heres one good example. where he got owned.
http://forums.viperclub.org/rt-10-g...r-today-612-rwhp-619-rwtq-91-pump-gas-13.html

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something else I forgot to mention. The infamous red ZR1 was out last night again. Ray and I watched him turn a 10.98 at 135 on slicks. But his first launch the car took off 10 feet and stalled. He had to back up and try again. I am wondering if this car is also a drive by wire platform like the Gen IV. Someone please advise. It seemed to demonstrate some of the same issues Ray and I were talking about with his gen iV, meaning engine doesn't do what the drivers throttle action does. This could explain why this car seems like such an under performer as well. With that trap, this thing should be deep in the 10's and HE HAS all the traction he needs. Food for thought.

135 is not a stock car. I am curious what his mods are? Good run nevertheless

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bet you **** on Evan Smith's left nut. Why dont you **** and get off of your soapbox. Do a search *****. 1BADGTS posts are about 80% Viper bashing. Just because he owns Vipers. Doesnt mean $hit.

You must be registered for see images

Edit: Too much ignorance to warrant an intelligent reply. Ill use pictures instead of words:)

Last edited:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Something else I forgot to mention. The infamous red ZR1 was out last night again. Ray and I watched him turn a 10.98 at 135 on slicks. But his first launch the car took off 10 feet and stalled. He had to back up and try again. I am wondering if this car is also a drive by wire platform like the Gen IV. Someone please advise. It seemed to demonstrate some of the same issues Ray and I were talking about with his gen iV, meaning engine doesn't do what the drivers throttle action does. This could explain why this car seems like such an under performer as well. With that trap, this thing should be deep in the 10's and HE HAS all the traction he needs. Food for thought.

Thats just 2 mph shy of Henn essey Cammed, pullied etc ZR1. As mentioned thats no stocker. Deffinately modded.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
135 is not a stock car. I am curious what his mods are? Good run nevertheless

I made the assumption everyone new this car already. I have another thread about this car running 10.55 at 137 and them claiming it was stock. I called that B.S. and some other members new the actual car and confirmed that. The car has major mods and I guess dynoed over 700HP at the wheels. See my other thread for all the details.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So anyone that doesnt go along with the fantacy that Gen III Vipers are just as fast or just a "tad" slower than a C6 Z06's have no love for the Viper and are trolls:rolleyes: Gotta love the reasoning ability and enthusiast spirit in here :).

Lets breakdown the ignorance in here. Lots of you dont believe Furmans or Smiths runs in bonestock Z06's because they are waaay above what everyone else is getting out of there Z06's and you suspect they are modded. Yet here is Speedfreak kicking everyones numbers in a Gen III by faaaar yet it is roundly accepted and not questioned wether he is really stock or not as some of you continually do to the Z06 runs by the aforementioned. :confused:[BTW I completely believe Speedfreak as I always believed the gen III had more potential than the 12's most run just said this to show the toxic levels of bias some have towards the Z06]

Secondly Speedfreaks runs are incredible for a bonestock Gen III and represent the absolute best for the Gen III with a 11.5 @ 123mph. Lets be absolutely clear that 11.5 is close to average times from a "good" driver in a C6 Z06 and that 123mph is at least 2-3mph off the normal Z06 run with a "good" driver all things being equal. A great driver like Speedfreak/Furman et al in a Z06 would easily best the Gen III's 11.5 @ 123mph. Thats facts folks and not up for debate by any sane, unbiased, normally functioning human being with his/her mental faculties intact. Equal drivers the Z06 will romp. As noted though if a guy like Speedfreak is in a Gen III the Z06 driver better be on his game or will lose the 1/4 mile et wise. Suffer no delusions though about what would happen on a highway roll stock to stock.

Yes its Viperforums but we are supposed to be adults not children that cant reason or accept reality even if it doesnt jive with what some of you want to hear. Maybe there should be a Romper Room subforum for those that want to stick their head in the sandbox like an Ostrich and pretend the Gen III's are the Z06's accelerative equal.:rolleyes: Roadcourse is anyones game between these two but straightline belongs to the Z06 by a fair margin.

Amen. I swear that as the cars get more expensive, the forums about the cars are filled with more morons and pseudo-performance people. Pretty sad, it should be the other way around. I'm disappointed that so many Viper owners seem to have their heads up their own a's and are in utter denial about performance aspects of their own vehicles vs other brands. Being a fan of something shouldn't make you blind to reality. Sad.

Also, I'm quite bored of the Evan Smith references myself. We heard those statements the 1,000th time, enough of that stuff already. His skills are well documented in a variety of magazines, no need to fill up 10 million threads with more. At least Furman participates here.

Tony

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amen. I swear that as the cars get more expensive, the forums about the cars are filled with more morons and pseudo-performance people. Pretty sad, it should be the other way around. I'm disappointed that so many Viper owners seem to have their heads up their own a's and are in utter denial about performance aspects of their own vehicles vs other brands. Being a fan of something shouldn't make you blind to reality. Sad.

Also, I'm quite bored of the Evan Smith references myself. We heard those statements the 1,000th time, enough of that stuff already. His skills are well documented in a variety of magazines, no need to fill up 10 million threads with more. At least Furman participates here.

Tony

Statements like that are why Nine Ball is my favorite rich dude:D

lankhoss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, those are incredible times!! Congratulations!

I don't know how you guys launch so well on those stock tires. I'm no drag racer though, but I usually get 2.1s 60's. My best ever was a 1.995.

Good to see numbers that respresent the POTENTIAL of this car.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, maybe one more shot at improving on this number. Weather for tomorrow night looks quite good with this big storm from up north swinging down. No 40's but some low 50's could be enough for a better number. We'll see.

OP
OP
S

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Speedfreak, I'll be there today with the GT-R, we'll get some of your runs on video......

Oh, man, now I am really bummed. I was thinking about you and meant to send you a PM to see if you would bring the ACR up and give me a go at it to see if we could change the world with a 10 second slip. I don't have any phone number for you (please give it to me). I had an absolutely nightmare day with my business yesterday and didn't get home until 7 p.m. I still thought about going but thought it would just be another solo event so I passed. Didn't get on the forum yesterday so I didn't see this. Real bummer.

The weather wasn't quite as good as predicted, but with your new GTR time I think I would have had a good shot. Really pissed, now. Of course this all assumes, you would have let me drive the car and that may have been a nay, anyway (its an expensive piece and I wouldn't blame you).

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There wasn't going to be a world record with the ACR as those things are hard to et with. But that GTR is rockin! Did you use launch control in the GTR?
Greatr Run!

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks...

I had my TCU updated by Nissan which eliminates the old 4500 RPM, lose your warranty, clutch drop launch and replaces it with an under warranty (within reason) powerbrake type of launch.... It's a much tamer launch, but works well... that's a long answer for, no launch control used.... :)

There wasn't going to be a world record with the ACR as those things are hard to et with. But that GTR is rockin! Did you use launch control in the GTR?
Greatr Run!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^^Sounds like launch control would easily net you a 10 sec run. I agree that its not worth losing the warranty over though. Thanks for the vids.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks...

I had my TCU updated by Nissan which eliminates the old 4500 RPM, lose your warranty, clutch drop launch and replaces it with an under warranty (within reason) powerbrake type of launch.... It's a much tamer launch, but works well... that's a long answer for, no launch control used.... :)

Man that is awesome I didn't know that was available, is it an option for all GT-R owners or is it just something you were able to work out with your dealer? I really like the GT-R and I am thinking about buying one, did you have any mods done to the GT-R?

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be available to all owners in a few weeks, I went in early and the service manager did the update for me....

all my car has is a tune and K&N drop in filters, here are my before/after dyno graphs....

2009 Nissan GT-R Dyno Graph

the limiting factor right now is the stock wastegate actuators, which limit the boost to 12.5 psi at redline.... you can see how the power just levels off and stops climbing...

there are some actuator upgrades shipping in the next few weeks, $600, which will allow the car to hold 16-17 psi to redline (more if you dare), which is good for another 75hp or so.....

all of the GT-R tweaks are still being worked out, but basically for around $2k these cars could be making 550+ HP to the wheels and running mid 10's at 133+ MPH

the GT-R is a fun car, so easy to drive fast.... I GTEC'd my car on the street and 0-60 was 3.01 seconds....

Man that is awesome I didn't know that was available, is it an option for all GT-R owners or is it just something you were able to work out with your dealer? I really like the GT-R and I am thinking about buying one, did you have any mods done to the GT-R?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi