TO ALL THOSE REGARDING VINYL STRIPES ON THEIR VIPER

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been on the fence about this issue for a long time. I really like the benefits of having the temporary option that vinyl offers you. but at a cost of 150 dollars for what is merely 18 feet of vinyl sheet which is just slit down the middle it seems priced a bit rich for the novice installer who buys it, gets it home, and ends up tearing the garbage off their car because it came out funky. I did find a place here in new jersey that I have used for custom jobs in the past regarding business that uses the best vinyl you can for automotive application. AVERY brand 3 mil 6 year life vinyl. it is the best stuff to work with. very pliable and when you need to remove it, just peel it back. it is not the real thin 2.5 mil garbage that comes off in tiny pieces when your wish to return your car to stock looks. Colors can be had in any color you can imagine. Out of respect to a fellow vca board member I know that carrys stripe kits for the viper I will not post pricing unless those interested wish to pm me. I can tell you that at the price it sells for I ordered mine and if i must throw out a couple sets to get it right I still am doing better than whats out there now. sound interested, PM Me. PLEASE NOTE. I am not doing this for any money. Only wish to pass along a nice deal to those guys that always seem to help me out and others when needed. Josh

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also guys that I pm'd, please note. before calling to place an order, go out and measure your cars hood roof and rear or truck area because this vinyl supplier prefers to give you 3 separate pieces to ensure the cut is perfectly straight. he told me he can usually run up to 18 feet through his cutter but that pushes it. i will measure and post later what i asked for but allow for some error ok. so if the hood say is 8 feet the roof 3 feet and the rear 4 feet than ask for the 3 pieces to be cut 9 feet, 4 feet, 5 feet... you get charged by the foot so it is CHEAP!!!

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I realize you guys like the fact that vinyl can be pealed off. But is there any concerns about paint discoloration when you take it off?
I had a camaro way back when, and put a bra on it, when I took it off a couple years later, the front end was darker where the bra had been. Needless to say, I bought a new bra.

OP
OP
V

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i keep my viper inside 99 % of the time, unless of course driving it. problem with the bra is, that usually you tend to wash the car with it on, leaving moisture and soap under it, and 2. you probably kept the camaro outside under the elements 24 hours a day. so i have no concerns regarding the vinyl discoloring the paint under my circumstanses and based on talks with many others who had it done and removed them with no evidence they were ever on the car.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's possible. Sun would be my biggest concern, but you're right, these cars get treated much better than most. Good luck with the stripes, put up some pics when you're done.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
V10, I was considering putting the stripes right through my license plate area, I like how the 96's did that. Is it possible, and if so, if anyone is doing white stripes and has some left over, I'd be interested in buying it off you. I have no idea if it would match up properly with the paint, I realize I may have to paint them to get it right.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going for it too, black on red. Just need to locate a competent installer, I def don't have the skilzzzz or patience.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Me to but i cant decide lol
OK everyone In your OPINION. ON a black RT/10 with cognac interior what color? SILVER? or RED?
Yes i know its my car but i'm stuck in between, so your opinions matter lol

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im sure its been beat to death but im betting all of you guys can do it yourself. its really NOT that hard to do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4