Tonneau Cover

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody installed the factory Tonneau cover for the RT/10s'? The pictures of it installed look nice but they require the dealer to install "A" pillar cups and rear window snaps. Are there any problems with the "new" rear window snaps?

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the tonneau cover for a 1 day and got rid of it!!!!
the dealer didnt want to drill holes in the a pillers to make it work with out me seeing it first... and he was right.. very very
inpractial for me anyways...
What i want someone to make for the RT is a bikini top like for jeeps...something you an put on in a few seconds instead of 15 mins with the softop...just for when your running in somewhere for a say 10 mins and dont want to worry about some kid spitting his gum in your car...or having to take your radar detector down because it is open.

my advice dont do it!!!!
smile.gif

OP
OP
SRT10

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your comment Jimandela. But here is an e-mail I received from Razehome who did install the "A" Pillar cups..
"I've got a 2001 that I recently put the tonneau on.....and I love it. I had one with my '98 but was always hesitant to mount the cups on the pillars. I was wrong.....I should have put it on. What I like about the tonneau is that it gives me the ability to drive the car somewhere, park it, and keep the interior from baking and the dust out. I have a hardtop, like it, but you
know how you can't go somewhere and take it off and stow it. I don't particularly like the soft top,cause I have always thought they were ugly. But the tonneau looks good and gives you a lot of flexibility as far as open car or covered interior. I was pleasantly surprised as to how easy the cups mounted. I generally run around in the car with the passenger side of the tonneau on, then when I need to it only takes about 10 seconds to zip in the
drivers side. So good luck in your venture."
Thanks for your comments, but please post more since I'm still undecided.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting info, anyone else use the tonneau cover? I just got the cockpit cover (the one that slips over the mirrors and has some velcro loops to hold it down), tried it out and like it okay, thought it'd be useful for when I went somewhere for several hours and didn't want to have the seats bake me when I returned...

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question from new guy: Can either the tonneau cover or the cockpit cover be used when it rains? Are they water resistant and if so can they really hold out the rain?

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used it all the time when I lived in Orlando. Kept the heat out when I played golf early in the summer! Once you use it a few times you get very fast at it. It is a labor of love! Got caught in a few unexpected showers with it while I was on the course, it kept most of the water out.

jk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like there are a couple of options with the covers. Anybody have any pics that they can share?