TWIN SRT/10 ILMOR SERPENT BOAT: NOV/DEC MOPAR MAGAZINE

BoostedV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!!!!!!! but what if???

I actually ran into the chief engineer who was in charge of this project. I met him at an industry trade show last year and at the time they were showing a GTS version of the same engine. The guy did not impress me as being all that familiar with building anything marinised. They basically took a stock motor and installed a heat exchanger on it to separate the cooling water from sea water and also installed a set of water cooled headers. Other than that it was basically a production engine. Right down to the ecu (basically just the one they were selling for the GTS crate motor at the time). I did get him to admit that they were working on a few “hotter” versions for Chrysler. It will be interesting to see what comes of it…

I would love to see a dry sump with a big single turbo on each of those engines along with an air to water inter cooler. With an endless supply of cold water it would not be too hard to actually get charge temperatures below ambient air temp. (That would be awesome!!!)You also have an endless supply of engine cooling water so heat should not be too much of an issue. I don’t think it would be unreasonable to see a reliable 1500+ hp out of each of them on pump gas!! :2tu: I would love to build a pair of them for someone…
So …anyone have a donor boat? Want 3000+ :eek: hp? Let me know… I am serious about building this for someone if you are interested. Let me know… :cool:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: WOW!!!!!!!! but what if???

394mv10-s.jpg

can we stick this in a viper!!!! :eek: :2tu: :headbang: please!!!!!!!

newredrt10

Former VCA National President
Administrator
Reaction score
Re: WOW!!!!!!!! but what if???

It has been done. I saw one on lake Erie around Sandusky. Sound was very different. The person who did it said the cost was too much for most, but if I ever get back into boating its the way I would go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine