V3 evolution

Andy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, here's some pictures.

This is 3 stage evolution from the original V3 concept to the production RT/10. I think that while they clearly share some DNA, the concept is as over the top as the current car, while the production car is way toned down in comparison. Watch for a story by Mr. Ferguson in the next VCA notes on what was going on here...

Comments?

You must be registered for see images

<center>
</center>

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The only thing I don't like that Dodge did was do the concept car and then they come out with the rt/10 gen III. It's kind of like over promising and underdelivering....should'nt it be the other way around?

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Steve F will have a great story on the "timeline" of the new gen car...but just to answer your question:

The reason they came out with the concept coupe first, was because Team Viper's philosophy on the 2003 platform was to build the RACE CAR FIRST, as to make sure that all the aerodynamic and performance elements would not be compromised by any design attributes...then to "adjust" elements (without interfering with performance) and build the production car.

In other words.....PERFORMANCE FIRST...which is what all our Viper owners asked for in surveys over the last 5 years.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you asked for comments...

...I wish DC had produced something that looks more like the original concept. Bear in mind, I have a 2003 on order, so I'm not saying I don't like it. I'm just saying I agree with those who think DC made the Chapter III car too innocuous by comparison with the original concept.

I suppose the purported reason is performance?

Anyway, I think the hood on the original concept car is way more aggressive looking and distinctive. Somehow, though the aperture on the hood scoop is almost unchanged from the original concept, the bulge behind it on the original causes a less-Camaro-SS-like effect.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea Baby,

I'm been following Paul Moller since he got his first vehicle off the ground almost 20 years ago. It may be the only thing I would trade my Viper for...