Very Happy with my Dyno Results

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my dyno result from our Illinois club outing.

I have a 1996 GTS that I just bought last fall. This spring I added a Borla cat-back exhaust, AdderWear smooth tubes and K&N air filters. Pretty basic mods, and since I got the exhaust used (thanks luc) I spent about $850 on the whole thing. My car has about 18,000 miles on it. You can see the results below:

426 HP
466 TQ

Say what you will, but I still think the 96s were especially strong
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my 1996 GTS dynoed for the first time on Saturday. I got almost the same results as you 425 rwhp and 466 ft lb torque. I am a little disappointed though, I thought I would have more since I have the mods you have plus headers. The guys at the dyno place said heat soak probably had an effect. Also, they only had a little window fan running, not a big one. I may have got more if the big fan was running and cooling the engine a little better.

OP
OP
B

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

I wouldn't be happy with my numbers if I had headers either. Heat soak is a definate issue. My second pull was down 7 HP and 16 TQ. Our shop used a decent fan, but not the big 200 MPH type I would have liked.

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob, Good #'s. Toofast emailed me them, sorry I couldn't stay for your pulls. I turned about 15 more hp but have the headers. So is 500 flywhell hp enough?...... the saga continues.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21