Viper Days Driving School at Sebring April 28-30

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Viper Drivers:

Our first East Coast region Viper Days Driving School event will take place at Sebring April 28-30!! We still have openings in the rookie, intermediate and advanced groups.

The mass e mail is posted below. If you are planning on attending this event and it will be your first event of the year please fill out the application and Med+Stats forms. http://www.viperdays.com/forms.html

Hope to see you all out at the track!

Viper Days, Inc.

Hello Viper Drivers:

Welcome to the start of the 2006 Viper Days Michelin Challenge Series Eastern Region!

Don't miss out on driving on the most premier and historic track in the United States!! We are running the FULL 3.7 mile track. Everyone here at Viper Days is looking forward to the start of the Eastern Region with a sell out event!!

MANDATORY:
If this is your first event I will need each driver to fill out the 2006 application and the 2006 Med+Stats form before coming to the event. Please click on the link below to get to the forms. http://www.viperdays.com/forms.html Once I receive your forms I will email you back a confirmation. If you do not hear from me within 3 days please call me at 847-594-8477 and ask for Courtney.

THURSDAY TRAILER DROP OFFS: Changed information
The track will be open for trailer drop off and set up from 12 noon-8pm. You MUST be out of the track by 8pm.

FRIDAY TEST & TUNE DAY:
Viper Days, Inc. will be offering a Friday Test & Tune day for advanced drivers. No rookies are allowed. 8:30am-5:30pm we will be running 3 run groups all day!! $350 full day no lunch and $250 for half day no lunch 1-5pm. Call Courtney for approval if you have questions. 847-594-8477

LOU GIGLIOTTI ADVANCED DRIVERS CLINIC:
Lou will hold his third driving clinic Friday April 28th! You will get approximately 2 hours of track time, 2 hours of classroom session and Lou, himself, in your car for instruction. $495 for the day. Please contact Courtney to sign up 847-594-8477. Limited enrollment, so sign up fast!!! This is an excellent school/class. You will learn a TON! Give it a try…

FRIDAY PM:
The Friday night registration/reception party will be held at the host hotel, Sheraton Four Points which is located trackside, from 6-9pm. If you are not able to make it to this night please get to the track early Saturday at 6am to register.

SATURDAY PM: SPONSORED BY: WHITE STALLION PRODUCTIONS
The Sat banquet will be at the track in the Sheraton Four Points trackside. 6:30 cocktails; 7pm dinner. It is a buffet dinner so no food choices are needed.

TIRE ORDERS :LAST DATE TO ORDER TIRES IS APRIL 11TH
PLEASE order your tires by Tuesday April 11th. If you do not order tires they will not have them on hand. Please call Bobby Archer or Craig at 817-877-1772

TRACK SIDE SERVICE:
Archer Racing Accessories will be at the track to do any trackside service, sell & install safety equipment. Please call John at 218-727-4806 for an appointment so you don't miss a run session.

ADDITIONAL HOTELS:
The Host hotel, Sheraton Four Points 863-655-9700 $89-$109, only have 4 rooms remaining so call now!! We have another room block at the Inn on the Lakes 863-471-9400 $99-$135 with only 11 rooms (10 miles away from the track). There is also the Holiday Inn Express 863-385-1115 no room block at this hotel.

VRL & NRL RACES: Sponsored by: WHITE STALLION PRODUCTIONS
Michelin Challenge Series Trophies: WHITE STALLION PRODUCTIONS

Please answer the following questions and email me back the answers:

1. Do you plan on attending the Sebring event? Yes Or No

2. Are you planning on attending the Friday Test & Tune day? Full $350 or Half $250

3. Are you planning on attending the Lou Gigliotti School Friday? $495/person

4. Do you plan on attending the Friday night reception party at the Sheraton from 6-9pm?

5. Do you plan on attending the Sebring event by using the:
o Full package: $600 first event of the year which includes the VCA $50 discount. Full package includes a Friday pm reception party, 2 hours of track time each day, Saturday pm sit down dinner, FREE water for the entire weekend, in-car Viper instruction with communication system, transponder, and a free event polo for the 1st event only. If this is your first event ever please take an additional $100 off the price.
o Ala Carte package: $295 1 day, $575 2 days, Includes 2 hours of track time per day only Additional add ons: Embroidered Viper Days polo shirt $35, $35 Fri pm reception, $45 Saturday pm dinner, $25 transponder, $5 water for entire weekend. (NO VCA or first timer discount applied to the Ala Carte Package)
o Early Registration/Multiple Event Discounts: 3 event package $1950- 10%* = $1750 for a $200 savings 5 event package $3250 - 15%* = $2775 for a $475 saving Paid by April 15th

6. Pit Stall Rentals: There are 67 pit stalls available for the price of $25 for the entire event.
2 cars/pit stall. If you want the entire pit stall it is $50/weekend.

How many pit stall spaces do you want? $25/each _____#

7. Saturday pm Dinner: # of dinners for the Saturday night you would like to order: _____#

8. Camper/Motor coaches: are allowed overnight starting Friday night and departing Sunday after the track is closed. Self-contained and NO electricity. $40/weekend ______# of spaces This is to pay for overnight security mandatory for overnight camping

Looking forward to a GREAT start to the 2006 season!

DETAILS FOR…… Sebring International April 28th, 29th & 30th, 2006

 TRACK INFORMATION: www.sebringraceway.com Track address: 113 Midway Drive Sebring, Florida 33870 863-6551442 We will be running the full 3.7 mile track Clockwise!

 LOU GIGLIOTTI ADVANCED DRIVING CLINIC: Lou will hold his third driving clinic Friday April 28th! You will get approximately 2 hours of track time, 2 hours of classroom session and Lou, himself, in your car for instruction. $495 for the day. Please contact Courtney to sign up 847-594-8477. Limited enrollment, so sign up fast!!! http://www.theperformancedrivingschool.com/lgadc.html

 FRIDAY TEST & TUNE DAY: A test and tune day is available! Friday will be open for “advanced drivers” for a test and tune day. No rookies are allowed. 8:30am-5:30pm we will be running 3 run groups all day!! $350 full day no lunch and $250 for half day no lunch 1-5pm. Call Courtney for approval if you have questions.

 QUALIFIED DRIVERS COST:
o Full package: $600 first event of the year which includes the VCA $50 discount. Full package includes a Friday pm reception party, 2 hours of track time each day, Saturday pm sit down dinner, FREE water for the entire weekend, in-car Viper instruction with communication system, transponder, and a free event polo for the 1st event only. If this is your first event ever please take an additional $100 off the price.
o Ala Carte package: $295 1 day, $575 2 days, Includes 2 hours of track time per day only Additional add ons: Embroidered Viper Days polo shirt $35, $25 Fri pm reception, $45 Saturday pm dinner, $25 transponder, $5 water for entire weekend. (NO VCA or first timer discount applied to the Ala Carte Package)
o Early Registration/Multiple Event Discounts: 3 event package $1950- 10%* = $1750 for a $200 savings 5 event package $3250 - 15%* = $2775 for a $475 saving Paid by April 15th

 PAYMENT: Viper Days, Inc. accepts Visa and Master Card and American Express. Make checks payable to: Viper Days, Inc. Payment for each event is paid in full prior to the event!! Late Entry- 7 days before event will result in a $50 late fee, NO EXCEPTIONS!!

 HOTEL INFORMATION: Be sure to call the Sheraton Four-Points (formerly know as the Chateau Elan) to make room reservations and ask for the Viper Days rooms. Mention the Viper Days room block for the discounted rate. Rooms will be released April 13th The hotel is located trackside!!!
Host Hotel: Sheraton Four Points 863-655-7207
150 Midway Dr.
Sebring, FL 33870
81 Rooms reserved!! Rooms released April 13th
$89-$109/night

 TRACK SIDE SUPPORT & SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Archer Racing Accessories will be on hand to do complete trackside service including suspension, alignments, engine modifications and exhaust. He has also expanded his line to safety equipment. If there is something specific you will like, or to make and appointment please call John Archer 218-727-4806

 TIRES Bobby Archer Enterprises is the Exclusive provider of trackside, tire mounting and balancing, and sales. Those needing Michelin or Hoosier or Goodyear tires please call ahead and order them so they can bring them to the track. Call Bobby @ 817-877-1772 Cut off date to buy tires is April 11th!

 PIT STALL RENTAL: 67 Pit stalls are available for the weekend at a price of $25. 2 cars per pit stall. If you want both spaces it is $100 for the weekend. First come first serve.

 TRAILER AND RIG PARKING Thursday drop-off &set up is allowed from 12 noon-8pm.

 CAMPERS & MOTORCOACHES: ARE ALLOWED! NO Electricity or Water hook-ups. Self-contained $40 for the weekend to pay for security which is mandatory

 FUEL: The track is selling 93, 100 Premium Unleaded

 FRIDAY NIGHT ARRIVAL: 6PM until 9PM at the Sheraton Four Points. Check in and register at the reception with hors d’oeuvres. Tech. inspection will occur all day Friday at the track or Saturday morning. Please join us for hors d’oeuvres, drinks and some Car Tales. A Car tech inspection tip: empty your glove box and trunk at the hotel instead of the track.

 GUEST FOOD PACKAGE: For those who do not wish to put their car on the track and/or guests, we offer a food package of the reception and a banquet for $75.00 per person. Children will be given a discount, must call Courtney for details!! Dinner only is $45

 GATE HOURS: Friday 6am-8pm; Sat 6am-10pm; Sun 6am-8pm

 TRACK INFO

SATURDAY: If arriving on Saturday morning, be at the track by 6:00AM for registration and tech inspection. Drive arounds will be from 7-7:15am MANDATORY drivers meeting at 7:45. The track will go hot at 8:30. Classroom instruction begins at 8:30 AM, Sat night banquet at the Sheraton Four Points will start at 6:30 cash bar and 7pm dinner at in the media center over looking the track.
SUNDAY: Drivers meeting at 8:30 and track goes hot at 8:30 with the red Race Group

MICHELIN CHALLENGE SERIES
Sponsors help bring Viper Days to you and to justify their sponsorship we ask you buy from Archer Racing Accessories and Bobby Archer Motorsports. We realize you can buy these products from anywhere, but we cannot quantify sales without purchasing through our vendors. It would help out Viper Days is you supported them. Shop around and compare, their prices are competitive
Stock: Michelin DOT tires only, Super Stock- Michelin DOT tires only, Prepared- Michelin DOT tires only, Modified- Michelin DOT tires only, Super Modified- Michelin Street, Pilot Sport Cup Tires or Slicks Only (Requires proper safety equipment to run slicks), Unlimited- Michelin tires only, Comp Coupe Unlimited Michelin Slicks or Hoosier VRL Racing tires, Neon SRT/4-Michelin DOT stock tire or the Pilot Sport Cup!
IMPORTANT CHANGES FOR 2006
SRT/10 must have a hardtop and/or a aftermarket roll bar. Available for FREE from Viper Days
RT/10's must have a roll bar or hardtop.
Helmets must be Snell 2000 OR 2005 You get a 1 event grace period!
Long sleeve shirt, long pants, soft sole enclosed toe shoes required for all classes,Gloves are highly recommended
Motorcycle Helmets are NOT allowed! You get a 1 event grace period!
If you have questions or comments please contact Courtney Thomas at [email protected] or call 847-594-8477 www.viperdays.com
Please see www.mapquest.com to get directions from your house to the area.
www.weather.com 33870 for local weather.
www.sebringraceway.com for track maps, directions, hotels and other additional info about the track.

Mike Dolan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone who might be undecided about this, I just did it at Buttonwillow, and had a terrific time! Highly recommended.

It was an enlightening experience, and learning to drive a Viper on the track from professionals who race Vipers themselves is an experience not to be missed.

Regards,
Mike Dolan

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our club supports Skip's event. They're run better than many other events, and you get to do it in your Viper (or one of theirs). Anyone not sure of going, should just go. This is the time and place, and there's no need to delay.

Hope to see you all there.

Ivan

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a must for any Viper owner that can make it.

Last year a 15 year old kids did it with his Dad's RT/10.
...........................I'm still Viperless, but looking. Hope to be there.

trumper Z06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D A bunch of us Z06'ers will be coming down to play @ Sebring again this year.

:2tu: Viper Days at Sebring & VIR are the best events of the year.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a somewhat minor 140mph off-road excursion at Homestead Saturday. I hope I can put everything back together for Sebring less than two weeks away.

BTW My credit cards are maxed so I'm taking donations and will repay in full within a couple months. hint, hint :)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
" minor 140mph off-road excursion "

Didn't know minor was possible at 140. Sorry to hear it Chuck. I feel your pain.
Are your in need of any parts?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think there are any major parts issues. Alignment is wasted but the parts seem fine.

Tranny no longer goes into reverse, was always difficult now it is impossible. Not a deal-breaker but a big inconvenience.

I wasted the driver's side sill but I might just pound it back into shape. It was already banged up from when I hit the tire wall years ago.

But what a wild ride, you shoulda been there. Four Vipers bumper to bumper coming off the backstretch into the infield. There should be some video in a few days.

Jasone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,

Sorry to hear about the car. Sounds like you'll be busy getting ready for Sebring. Hope you still have time to get together before hand.

Reaction score
Andrew, minor repairs after a 140 off road trip is relative. When driving on a track if you can avoid walls(drive with extra margin for error near obstacles) and curbs, and other cars damage is typically bent rims flattened tires, perhaps an oil pan and of course a few paint chips depending on the off track surface. And with good luck only tires will need replaced. :2tu:

But with bad luck combined with little or no performance driving skills is another story. :hitfan: That is why it is important to enjoy our cars performance on a race track after we learn how to drive. Viper Days is a great event to learn how to drive your car and enjoy its performance. FYI, You can buy insurance to protect yourself from the expense off track trip.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But what a wild ride, you shoulda been there. Four Vipers bumper to bumper coming off the backstretch into the infield. There should be some video in a few days.

I thought that might be were you went off.
I was told that they weren't allowing car to go back to the inside track there anymore. Because of that transition and the amount of wreaks they’ve had.

Glad to hear it wasn’t more serious Chuck.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told that they weren't allowing car to go back to the inside track there anymore. Because of that transition and the amount of wreaks they’ve had.

I don't know how they could do that. How else are you gonna run the road course if you don't use the straights on the oval?

Anyways, it's the second fastest part of the track but it is also one of the safest. Momentum takes you away from the inside wall and on the outside there is nothing but grass and litter followed by a NASCAR banked turn and then the wall. Anyone that goes that far has already died from a coronary.

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never participated in Viper Days?

Apprehensive about really driving at the limit?

Intimidated by faster drivers?

Put all your fears to rest!

I went to Viper Days last month for the first time at Buttonwillow Raceway in California.

I must say that I had the time of my life.

I learned a lot about my Viper's limits, my own limits and can only tell you this: you are cheating yourselves by not going.

Here is a write-up I did for my local VCA quarterly publication:

Have you called Viper Days yet?

We all put our seat belts on before driving away, don’t we? Of course!

When we drive Vipers, we have another duty: Viper Days! (No, it is not in the DMV Code).

Why Me you ask, after all I am a great driver myself!

Just one of many reasons: 17% of all Vipers end up totaled (pretty much one in six). Not great odds and this is why we all pay a very high insurance rate on our cars, no matter how great our driving record. In essence we are partially subsidizing the ones who total their Vipers.

Viper Days consists of theory in a classroom setting and practice sessions on the subject of performance driving, on a real racetrack. Drivers are split into different groups, based on their skill levels so nobody will be in a mismatched learning environment.

The first day starts early, as a passenger with one of the instructors driving a few demo laps to get you familiarized with the track and the ideal driving line, demonstrating proper braking points, turn entry points, apexes and exit points, all very helpful by the time you make your first foray onto the track yourself.

Instructors are top-notch caliber, racers themselves and they really helped me hone my performance driving skills to a fine finish, all in a totally safe environment. By my last driving session, I was on the track without the instructor, had no traffic in front of me for about 5 laps; each lap, my time decreased by an average of 3 seconds over the previous lap as I applied everything I learned from the instructors and got more and more comfortable and confident going faster and faster. It was a truly exhilarating feeling, certainly one of the best moments of my entire life.

Within minutes, I morphed into an apex-inhaling ******, sporting an irrepressible face-splitting ear to ear silly grin that could not even have been surgically removed for the rest of the day.

As an added bonus, you will get front row seats and enjoy watching a couple of real races, with advanced drivers and Viper Competition Coupes screaming past you at full speed.

Skip Thomas, founder of Viper Days, runs an incredibly sophisticated organization dedicated beyond belief to the safety, well-being and appropriate instruction in the classroom and on the track of new and veteran Viper owners.

Attending Viper days will greatly put the odds in your favor of not joining the 17% mentioned earlier and you will come away a better, safer driver in full control of his awesome machine and his ability to “Master the Beast”. Chances are that you will also make many new like-minded friends during the event and meet many inspiring people trackside.

How do I prepare my car for Viper Days? Here are some recommendations:
I strongly suggest an oil pan baffle on Gen I & II cars and a Competition oil pan with swing arm pick-up on Gen III models. You may lose oil pressure on long sweeper turns and do major damage to your engine (sadly, this seems to happen regularly during Viper Days). Replace your brake lines with stainless steel units as this is much safer and will give a more consistent brake pedal feel during hard driving. My last suggestion: a short throw shifter, it will help immensely rowing through the gears (specially the tedious 2-3 upshift) with more feel, precision and crispness.

Have you called Viper Days Yet? Just do it!

First timers even get a discount.

Safe, Sane and Happy Vipering,

Phil W
Viper Days @ Buttonwillow Raceway, March 2007

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And flush your brake fluid. My fluid was one month and one event old and the brakes went away, with some warning at Buttonwillow.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think there are any major parts issues. Alignment is wasted but the parts seem fine.

Tranny no longer goes into reverse, was always difficult now it is impossible. Not a deal-breaker but a big inconvenience.

I wasted the driver's side sill but I might just pound it back into shape. It was already banged up from when I hit the tire wall years ago.

The things you'll do for attention:D

Glad to hear it wasn't worse. Hope to be in Sebring as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte