Viperdays - Mid America (Iowa)

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got back last night after another great weekend with the Viperdays family. It was a terrific event as it always is, but this one was a little special.

I had signed my 16 year son up for Skip's young drivers program to give him some driving instruction with Skip in one of his track prepared Neons. My son had spent some time with me on the track for test and tune on Friday as well as getting a track primer from the V-TEN racing crew (thanks Tom, Al and Newt !!!!). On Saturday morning he spent time in the classroom and then hit the track with Skip as his copilot in the Neon. He had done very well; well enough to make the next few trips on the track himself. By the time I got in the car with him on Saturday afternoon, I was completely blown away by how well he was doing, he had that little Neon maxed out in every turn. In fact on Sunday, he graduated to driving his sessions in my Viper.

First time ever driving the Viper he was turning 1:45 laps. Those are great times, let alone for a 16 year old on a track for the first time and also in a Viper for the first time (compare his 1:45 to results posted on the Viperdays website in a few days). His ability to learn car control and to become smooth was uncanny. [Read proud Dad]

Anyway, to make a long story longer. I had a weekend that I will never forget with my son. I will be spending plenty of money in the future (another car) but I don't care. My son and I have made a priceless connection and we will be spending a lot of time together at the track in the future.

I will never be able to thank Skip and the Viperdays crew enough for the opportunity nor my son for such a great weekend.

Consider Viperdays. You will not regret it.

www.viperdays.com

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as Kyle does not run in Super Stock he can pit with us anytime. Smile. Your son was a pleasure. He takes after is fast old man. See you at VIR!

Tom
Team, V-TEN Racing

CT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Days actually had 2 16 year olds in the rental race prepared Neons. They both did amazingly great. We hope that from Ray's statements we hope to see many more young drivers come to our driving school and learn how to drive safely!

Be very careful Ray.....Kyle is a natural! (Like Father, Like Son!) Looking forward to seeing you both drive at Gingerman!!

Viper Days, Inc.
www.viperdays.com
847-594-8477

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ray,

It was good to see you again and to meet Kyle. I see the beginning of one of those racing family dynasties! Fast driving is in your blood. You guys are great fun to be around.

To help you with your soon to be car selection delima, I think Ray needs a Comp Coupe and Kyle can start driving the yellow speed racer GTS.

Good luck at Gingerman and look forward to seeing you again at the track.

Newt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery