Warranty Expiring in 4 weeks --- Hard Start -- need advice!

Ivory

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1993 RT/10 with 58,*** miles on the clock. Runs great and looks great, but the DC warranty is expiring in 4 weeks. Any ideas what to have checked at my 5 star dealer before the warranty expires. Already have had head gaskets replaced.

Oh, one minor problem, always requires two turns of the key and two depression of the gas pedal to start. Sounds like bad gas, clogged fuel filter or not enough spark? Doubt it's gas as my Corvette uses the same gas with no problems and starts with minimal effort. This starting annoyance is draining the battery... Any ideas anyone?

Want to take her in for the final check up before the warranty is done. Any suggestions much appreciated.

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ivory, I would take it right out to Collectors Choice and have Cory look at it. I believe he does warranty work out there. BTW, call me, I lost your phone #. Duane M.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Betting it is the fuel pump. Next time you go to start it in the morning, cycle the key 3 times allowing the fuel pump to run each time. If it starts right up, there is your problem.

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ivory,

I have exactly the same problem with my 1996 GTS. It runs fine, but takes 2 or 3 tries to start and it feels like a fuel problem. Please let me know what the problem was once you get it fixed. I have no warrantee anymore.

GoldenVenom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had a similar problem on my SRT-10. It used to take 2 or 3 times to start. The dealer said it had a bad crankshaft sensor and they fixed. I found out that if my cars need any parts, they have to special order. I had to come the second time to have it fixed. Luckily I have 7 years warranty on both cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4