was viper less but not for long

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive had 2 gen 1 and 1 gen 2 viper,sold my gen 1, 2 years ago,just purchased another one,got a 06 new black/silver stripe conv with the 5 spoke wheels,im gonna fly to the dealership and drive it back home 350 miles,im really excited.was originally going to get the coupe but when i saw what the blk/silver stripe conv looks like i fell in love,so i have my diablo which is a coupe and my conv viper,i will post pics over the week end.

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks its great to be back,anyone else here have a06 blk with silver stripe conv?if so please post your pics.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Exciting stuff, but really hard to read. It reads like a 6 year old yelling "Daddy, daddy, are we there yet, how much longer, is that a school bus, does Jesus love?"

Just busting your chops. Congrats on the new car!

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got her,what abeauty will post pics soon,weather was bad today.got on a plane arrived at the dealership early morning,the exprience was awsome at the dealership.drove 420 miles home,kept her under 3000 rpms,once in a while did some burts to 4000 rpm.one thing it gets so hot inside had to use ac even it was 40 out side.is it normal to hear lifter type noise?sounds like the injectors maybe?overall im very happy with the car,cant sleep tonight.

wartornwarhorse

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hear this lifter type noise between 2000 and 2200 rpm. I tried with clutch depressed (I mean disengaged, not upset or panick stricken) and without in gear out of gear etc. It appears that when it is in gear and you are accelerating, mine anyhow, makes a noise like you describe.

Out of gear and revving, it does not make the noise, so it may be something else, not sure what. Yea mine is hot inside too, like the heater is always on, but it aint. My dear Wife loves the warmth, she thinks its cozy!

Actually, all these things are fine, the more the better, I need mine to be louder, much more popping, belching and farting on deceleration, infact, I am looking for a way to get flames coming out the pipes! Anyone have experience with this??

I have come to realize the Viper is a living beast one of the few automobiles left that actually has an immortal soul, much the same as the great sports cars of old.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
install an off road exhaust and it will be as loud as you want and then some..

the clicking noise you hear most likely are the injectors, and yes it is normal..

congrats on the new car!

M. ROD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have come to realize the Viper is a living beast one of the few automobiles left that actually has an immortal soul, much the same as the great sports cars of old.

BINGO!

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black and silver is a beautiful combination.

I had the same noise. But since I put on corsa track I dont hear it any more. Wonder why ;)

The corsa did cut down the interior heat.

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have a 94 diablo vt,pics are comming,the car is filthy from the rain,im so excited just love the car.i love this site ,viper guys are really down to earth guys.pics comming soon.its sex on wheels