Watching Rita from Spring Texas. What's your plans?

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching Rita from Spring Texas. What\'s your plans?

I have two webcams watching hurricane Rita come in from Spring. They are at my house looking out the front window, so it will last as long as I have power!

They are updated every five minutes. Hit your refresh button to see the latest pictures.

What is everybody doing for hurricane Rita? You staying or going?

Watch the Rita webcams at this discussion:

Link to my Spring TX Rita Webcams

You must be registered for see images

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: Watching Rita from Spring Texas. What\'s your plans?

Jeff,
I am down here on Westheimer, plan on staying. Between finding gas and no where to go, hoping for the best. My main concern here downtown is flooding. If the water come up, i can put the Viper on stands to gain a foot.
Rick

OP
OP
J

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeff,
I am down here on Westheimer, plan on staying. Between finding gas and no where to go, hoping for the best. My main concern here downtown is flooding. If the water come up, i can put the Viper on stands to gain a foot.
Rick

Man I hope you don't get more than a foot. Good luck and keep in touch if things get real bad.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cant blame you for staying - i heard this guy has moved to Texas somewhere.

You must be registered for see images

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hoping and praying for all of you in Texas. Just came back from visiting family in Sugarland, just Southwest of Houston. They're nervous! Plan ahead and be smart.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It'll never get as bad in TX as it did in LA. People in TX are armed. :2tu:

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

To all our neighbors in Texas, let's hope the weather people have got this one wrong and Rita falls apart when it hits the coast. It's going to get really bad in Texas and here in west central Louisiana. To all who are in Rita's path my God bless you and protect you.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm in Cypress & I'm staying. Long time locals have been through this, they tell me; being on the west side of the storm means strong winds and snapped pine trees, followed closely by flooding. Main concern is tornadoes. Been real dry here so we could use a foot of rain, if you ask me.

The thing they say, long time locals, is that while the gusts purported on the weather channel may be accurate, by the time they muscle their way through 150 miles of trees & buildings, they are dampened. The highest winds only last for about 30 minutes, followed by ordinary high winds of course in 40-50 mph bursts.

GoCanes1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We just moved to Cypress from Dallas and we get welcomed with a hurricane. We stayed and are very glad we did. It was a little windy but nothing major. We never even lost power. Hope all you others made out well too.

Mike

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My business is in Lake Charles on the Lake Charles Regional Airport property, located south of town. The airport has been been reported to have very heavy damage but no word yet on my building. It is an 80,000 sqft. climate controlled storage facility. We anxiously await word whether or not we still have a business. It doesn't sound good.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope your place makes it through ok, Fontenot!

getbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks. I need to borrow an H1 to drive to Lake Charles and safely survey the damage...sponsored by Sewell plastered on the side for the news crews to broadcast nationwide...

OP
OP
J

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Our power was restored as of Sunday morning at 12:20am. We went without power since 8:15pm Friday night. That's 28 hours without power. The generator worked great! Never missed a beat. Can't say enough about having a generator...

We had some tree limbs fall but nothing major. I think we got lucky. Hey Jason I hope things are ok for you. It doesn't look good for Lake Charles, and especially the airport. Let us know who things turned out...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang