Went to St. Louis Auto Show Yesterday

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw the 03 Viper, Dodge Charger RT concept, many others.

I liked the Viper -- it IS a lot better looking in person. Side scoops are MUCH more pronounced than Corvette. If I didn't know it was a Viper, would have thought it was one of the two best looking cars at the show (yeh, yeh, I know it isn't as great looking as the current car -- nothing will ever be). It's almost totally different, except for the front. I think it stands on its own as a great looking car.

To me, the most appealing car was the Charger. It drew a bunch of attention. Two Dodge reps were inside the display and said everyone like the car. Also said that it was the top of the list of possible concepts moving into production. Sure hope it does!

What drew the most attention in the Chrysler displays? Definitely the PT Cruiser, followed by the Charger, then Viper.
The Charger drew a lot of comments around the display. The Viper seemed to cause folks to stop and gaze in mostly silence. Don't know if they were confused by its looks, trying to appreciate it, or admiring it.

Glad I went. Convinced me that I would like to have both the 03 Viper and Charger!

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the local "soccer mom's" in the neighborhood saw a picture of the Charger in a magazine I was flipping through and said "I want that car!". She's been looking for a four door replacement for her current ride but doesn't really know much or care about cars in general. Looks like she'll get the big Lexus 4WD SUV but she'd rather have the Charger. I wonder how many sales they are missing by delaying putting that car into production. It's no surprise the car nuts love the car but when those who usually couldn't give a fig over a set of wheels sit up and take notice you are onto something. The next PT crusier may be right under our noses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cerevo