Westfield Insurance

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm purchasing a new home, and I'm being quoted a very nice home/auto bundled quote from Westfield Insurance. My question is: I insure my three cars (2013 Dart, 2007 Superbee SRT8, and 2003 Viper) now with Travelers. The savings on the auto is significant for the same coverage, about $500 a year. My question is: have any of you had any experience with Westfield for auto claims? How are they about using OEM parts, and the body shop of your choice. This is obviously important to me for both the Bee and the Viper.

THanks,

Scott

Dirk Pitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've used Westfield for a number of years and never had any problems. PM me if you want more info.

OP
OP
S

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Dirk. They seem to have a pretty good reputation, and I think I'm going to do it. Just wanted to get some opinions. Appreciate the feedback.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
......................How do you like the Dart? :eater:

Did the dealer let you test drive it before buying it? :rolleyes:

And I hope you didn't buy it from the dealer that thinks everything is an SRT8. :rolaugh:

OP
OP
S

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
......................How do you like the Dart? :eater:

Did the dealer let you test drive it before buying it? :rolleyes:

And I hope you didn't buy it from the dealer that thinks everything is an SRT8. :rolaugh:

LOL, I've had the Dart 1 year and 9200 miles. I've put more miles on the Dart in one year than on my Viper in almost the 4 years I've owned it. 1.4 Turbo, 6 speed, not quick off the line, but it scoots once the turbo quicks in, and handles like a rally car. (And I did test drive 1st). I'm lucky, I have a good dealer, and they take good care of all three of my cars, and my Cummins truck when I had one as well.

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, I've had the Dart 1 year and 9200 miles. I've put more miles on the Dart in one year than on my Viper in almost the 4 years I've owned it. 1.4 Turbo, 6 speed, not quick off the line, but it scoots once the turbo quicks in, and handles like a rally car. (And I did test drive 1st). I'm lucky, I have a good dealer, and they take good care of all three of my cars, and my Cummins truck when I had one as well.

Does it have Sport mode or is it always "on?" The reason I asked is the Dart has the same engine as my Fiat 500 Abarth and I love the responsiveness of it. I have to select Sport Mode though for everything to kick in. Also I envy your 6 speed as I'm always wanting to shift into 6th and it only as a 5 speed.

OP
OP
S

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does it have Sport mode or is it always "on?" The reason I asked is the Dart has the same engine as my Fiat 500 Abarth and I love the responsiveness of it. I have to select Sport Mode though for everything to kick in. Also I envy your 6 speed as I'm always wanting to shift into 6th and it only as a 5 speed.

No "sport". The car is a bit heavy for it's size, and I've stalled it a couple times when new (used to Viper torque, LOL), but it will move. It's funny when I get out of the Viper, with its heavier clutch, and get in the Dart, I almost put my foot through the floor!

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No "sport". The car is a bit heavy for it's size, and I've stalled it a couple times when new (used to Viper torque, LOL), but it will move. It's funny when I get out of the Viper, with its heavier clutch, and get in the Dart, I almost put my foot through the floor!

I see what you mean. The Abarth weights about 2,500 lbs versus the Dart's 3,200 lbs.

The Dart though is a tough looking car.

OP
OP
S

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I see what you mean. The Abarth weights about 2,500 lbs versus the Dart's 3,200 lbs.

The Dart though is a tough looking car.

Thanks, I enjoy it a lot. They already had a significant number showing at Carlisle last year, I might show it next year. (Taking the Bee this year). Blue Streak Pearl is the color, and it really pops!

On the original note, I decided to go with Westfield. I'll be making the switch over when I close on my new home, hopefully by the end of February (knock wood).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi