What are "lemon law" cars worth?

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What are \"lemon law\" cars worth?

I am looking at an 01 gts. 7700 miles and the advert reads
"List as Manufacturer buy back Molding Window regulator Aligned door glass Replaced the transaxle assembly"
Is this a lemon law car? If so, clearly not like a salvage title but is it something to avoid on general principle even if a good shop checked it out for you?? Would Dodge sell a warranty on a manufacturers buy back?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What are

To my knowledge factory buy backs have no warranty. If you have the VIN, ask Chuck Tator if he will look it up for you, there may be more to the story as to why this car was bought back.

With a lemon law car there is a lot of uncertainty. You could never have a problem with the car assuming all the problems have been taken care of, on the other hand you may just end up with....well.....a lemon.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have a carfax run.
Any dealer in Canada and US can check also the VIN for additional information. They will tell you if there is a warranty.

Is a lemon a good deal ? If you know how to fix minor issues yes.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

if it was only an engine issue the Arrow rebuild is actually better than the factory built engine, and you are getting a MUCH stronger car. if it was other issues i would have someone pull the warranty work done on the car, as stated a dodge dealer can pull this information with a vin. good luck

npeifer

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I can run the VIN on my dealer site and give you exactly what has been done to the car and some or most of the story behind it. Please list the vin and miles and I can help you out.

OP
OP
N

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks guys. The VIN is 1B3ER69E91V700974 and reported mileage 7773.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang