What is a stock '05 Exhaust worth?

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is a stock \'05 Exhaust worth?

I am taking off the stock exhaust ('05 SRT-10 with 1200 miles) and do not want to keep it...what's it worth? If someone wants it let me know (not free though!).

Thanks...Bob Z.

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: What is a stock \'05 Exhaust worth?

Why would someone want a stock exhaust?

$1 including shipping. :laugh:

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I knew I would get a wise-ass reply from someone...you win the prize, which is my reply.

Based on the crap that gets sold on Ebay all the time, there is a market for everything. Besides, someone might want to replace their exhaust after replacing it with an aftermarket and giving away there stock one. But I don't know why someone would want it and I really don't care.

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I knew I would get a wise-ass reply from someone...you win the prize, which is my reply.

Based on the crap that gets sold on Ebay all the time, there is a market for everything. Besides, someone might want to replace their exhaust after replacing it with an aftermarket and giving away there stock one. But I don't know why someone would want it and I really don't care.

Give it to the guy who installed your aftermarket exhaust or throw it in the trash and save yourself the hassle of trying to make a buck or two. It's worth nothing.

Not such a wise-ass reply according to the others. :laugh: And I retract my $1 offer, boob.

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hang on to it Viperbob! Someday you might sell the car and the buyer might want the original parts. I always do that when I modify my car's, keep the original parts. Don't listen to the useless replies...Dan :2tu:

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Something to consider Dan. People like "NoSenseRice" and "BichieSRT10" must also like to talk outloud just to hear themselves speak.

And for what it is worth, I have already had someone offer me $200 and they will pay shipping.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

There may be someone who wants it because they threw theres away. And now they are returning there car to stock. Or some like to experiment with things so they will gut and toy around with the stock exhaust. But as others said, to 99% of us it is worthless. Between my buddy and me we kept one set, the rest is in the garbage.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They probably only want the cats, so they can butcher them and make them larger. Someone bought mine of my gen 2 for this exact reason. Otherwise, I completely concure the exhaust isnt worth sheet. Back in gen 2 days, it was actually worth something BECAUSE, the earlier generation exhausts were MORE restrictive and the later gen 2 exhausts were much better. Why would someone go through the hassle of swapping from one version to the other, instead of just buying a new after market? 2 reasons:

1. Cheap upgrade, only takes labor (for a do it yourself'er), think it added about 10 or so rwhp from earlier version to later.
2. You didnt get penilized as bad by Viper Days Racing, because the exhaust still counted as a stock exhaust. :)

Your exhaust does NEITHER of these for any generation.

Case closed :)

Jon

compcoupe21

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is their not something to be said for originality? Believe it or not some folks just don't want a modified car! Keep it and give it to the next owner!
Case closed #2.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ViperBob, I paid another member here I believe $125.00 for the stock crossover assembly. I hope this helps you out a bit.

OrthoD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey you never know, If you plan on holding on to the car it may be worth something in the future to a collector, especially with the low production. How many 60's vette restorers are looking for OEM exhaust parts these days?

I'm keeping mine for the same reason. If I ever sell it somebody might not like my obnoxiously loud exhaust!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redphazer