What would you do........

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Back from a business trip for a few days........friend tells me of a '00 RT/10 for sale. Called seller and saw car. Seller says give me what I owe and nothing more(seller is late 60's w/ medical history hence desire to sell) 11,600 on odo, paint needs some work(lower front fascia scraped plus a few other scratches), cobwebs in engine bay and interior dash area. Last oil change IN 2005, yes 2005, at about 9,000 miles. Last inspection IN 2006. Junior, 20 yr old son, appears to have driven the snot out of it and got a number of tickets to show for it. Mods include shorth throw, air intake from what I could see. No oil leaks, but I couldn't get under enough to really look. Car fax shows questionable mileage by what appears to be original owner in 2003. Car has been in NC, OK, PA, NJ and at least had a recall done in NE. Test drive was fine. Maybe a good project car when the payoff is $30,000+/-. BUY or PASS.

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What exactly do you mean by paint needs work? If nothing else needs replacement other than a buff job, it sounds like a great deal. On the other hand do you have 30K to just throw away right now? If it were me, I'd put it up on a lift and give it a thorough inspection.

blue01gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its been through too many people for that kind of mileage

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did Junior drive it "like he stole it" before or during the 2 years it went without an oil change??

Chad,

Unknown, but based on what I saw I would err on the side of "during". The more I think about it the more I think sacrilege.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id have a tech go thru it first but id entertain the idea. these cars are made to be driven hard, dont sweat it.

and there are not too many of them with a perfect fascia

11,600 miles on an 8 year old car....no big deal to me

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a reasonable possibility that the recall in NE was done by Bill Pemberton of Woodhouse Dodge (not too many Viper dealers in NE). Why not give him a call and have him run the VIN and find out its history or lack thereof for maintenance. Also, maybe the owner moved alot.:D
PAvenom RT/10

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd worry about what Jr. might have done (over-revving, burnt out the clutch, etc.)....but $30k is a decent price as long as it doesn't require anything more than you described.

Regards,
Aaron

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pass... Not worth it, when you can find something like this for high $30's(asking).. 5k mile car, that needs nothing..

What ever you (think) it needs.. Rest assured you'll find more problems once you get it home, if thats how it was treated...

Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com

V

venms96

when you can find something like this for high $30's(asking).. 5k mile car, that needs nothing

couldn't help myself Taxi.........let me know when you find one just like this, I'm all in....

Sleek - you better let that $$ sit, it'd be better to put that money towards a nicer one, with NO problems or questions. Not even a question about this car, and "needs paint" ?? Forget about it - it shouldn't need paint at all.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
couldn't help myself Taxi.........let me know when you find one just like this, I'm all in....

Sleek - you better let that $$ sit, it'd be better to put that money towards a nicer one, with NO problems or questions. Not even a question about this car, and "needs paint" ?? Forget about it - it shouldn't need paint at all.

the link was attached. I just think when buying a "story" car. The "story" gets bigger, and bigger once you get the car home, and its paid for. At which point, its too late. Sold, ya bought it.... Been there, done that a few times.

V

venms96

damn if it wasn't.......come on man, 39,995 IS 40K ! I win that one........plus you said, "needs nothing"........not sure about this Car, but at first glance, nice price for a low-mileage Car, yep. Sometimes you can find em right at a Dealer - they don't have the passion behind the sale, and turn it quick for a few bucks. I've seen that quite a few times, a very cool Car at a Dealer, at a very cool price. I get the feeling sometimes, they don't know every price on every Car sale, and just flip it, and they definitely are not worried about "our market". I still don't let that type of sale determine a price for me. Again, I think the GEN II, low mileage Car - should all be 45k and up, never less. Not for the "market" - just because it's a great Car, and shouldn't plummet like a BMW 3 series, as I stated before.

Yea, I agree with you on the "stories" Cars. I've been had too, maybe that's why I'm a bit more vocal on the subject matter. There are too many really nice cars for sale, for a few dollars more - with no stories, or ALL the Truth.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
my opinion is PASS, but I am not a R/T 10 fan, and the 2000 has its own story, no forged or 708.
If it was $25K I would have done it!

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a reasonable possibility that the recall in NE was done by Bill Pemberton of Woodhouse Dodge (not too many Viper dealers in NE). Why not give him a call and have him run the VIN and find out its history or lack thereof for maintenance. Also, maybe the owner moved alot.:D
PAvenom RT/10

Dodge dealer=Viper dealer

There are tons of them here. I live in Omaha and didn't buy either of my Vipers from Woodhouse.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte