Whats it worth?

BigDane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm currently working on a deal on my second gen 2. The car is a 99 gts black with silver stripes and cognac interior. It has 17k miles and quite the mod list. It has long tube headers, corsa exhaust, random tech hi flow cats, [******] air intake, and ccw classic wheels. It also has the viper head floor mats, carbon fiber dash, chrome exhaust seals, and alpine cd player. They are asking 49k for the car and I feel that is to high, what do you guys think the car is worth?

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is this a car from an owner on this board? Those monds sound pretty familiar.

OP
OP
B

BigDane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont know it could have been, its at a dealership. They also have a 01 acr yellow with 5k miles for 52k. They want 49k for the 99 with those mods I think that is to high. If he is on here that is cool, maby he could give me some insight on the deal he made tradingit in.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmm that dosent really sound to high to me. Its a 99' with only 17 K and mods? 49 sounds pretty fair. You may be able to talk him down a little bit but i dont think its a bad deal IMO?

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
those cars are at Palmer Dodge. i can't tell you anything about the ride, and didn't see under the hood, but the Blk one is a hot looking car. looks to be in good condition, and the cognac with black is pretty sharp. the yellow '01 appears to be all stock. also looks good, but i didn't drive it or open it up.

KWIK96

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Dane,
maybe a little high on that 99. The ACR sounds a better
deal.
Your old 01 is running like a clock. 23K now.
Get a snake quick and come to VOI

cheers, Peter

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wasn't this the car a guy was just looking at a few weeks ago...and everyone said it was junk!??????? i thought the forum convinced the guy to look elsewhere!!!

does anyone remember this?

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well if this car is at palmer dodge now after they paid only 43K for it, you have a LOT of bargining room. I bought my car from palmer and i got them down like 4K from the list price cause i found comparable deals out there and they new they only had so much into it.

Call them out on this, tell them they just bought it for 43K and your price is 45K tops. I would pass at anything more than 46-47K, the cognac does hurt resale and there are better deals out there.

OP
OP
B

BigDane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dane,
maybe a little high on that 99. The ACR sounds a better
deal.
Your old 01 is running like a clock. 23K now.
Get a snake quick and come to VOI

cheers, Peter
Im glad to hear your still happy man, the car did run awesome for what it was and what was done.

As for the rest of the thread, thank you for all of your help. I will be shure to show the salesman the link to this ebay ad and tell him how much Im willing to pay. Im kind of clueless as to why this car is junk?

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
44K tops. The congac kills the resale. Believe me I know.
Except for those times when it doesn't, such as when they buyer prefers the cognac - beleive me, *I* know. :cool: In which case, 44k is a bit low.

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Except for those times when it doesn't, such as when they buyer prefers the cognac

You and me both. I would have paid $1,000 more for a cognac leather interior instead of the black vinyl that looks like 95% of all other Vipers. Fortunately, mine has it already. I just bought some batting/driving gloves so I can keep the primary wear areas looking nice for years to come.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang