What special Viper do i have? Strange GTS Combination

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

some may or may not know. I own a kind of special GTS, which is a absolute dream car.

Fin: 1C3ERC9E1YVxxxxx , so Export Modell, Bubble Top Roof - Country E which means Espana or Estand? Build 06/00 in Conner (US).
It says "Chrysler Viper Rc9e" in Orderpapers, not Dodge and nothing about GTS at all. But from it year it already should be a Daimlerchrysler as my registration says it is a "Daimlerchrysler Rc9e"

From it´s year it should have a 455HP Engine. Right?
In my registration it has 383HP like the very early first gens. Engine Code says EWB - but its definitely not a Gen 1 Block as i had a gen 1 Viper before. Also it has the newer Exhaust Manifolds, the Bigger Intake and a K&N swap Filter, also from the ACR those smooth Tubes installed.

Also it has true Carbon Windshield-Cover or whatever its called. Interiour is Waterprinted to Carbon, also i have 4 Aftermarket Big Gauges on the Dash (G-Force, Gear and Engine Oil Temp, Lambda) - This is all from factory and i really wonder about what the hell this car was. Also i have a big Shiftlight which says "5.7k optimum". I have had a Air/AC Delete, but i rebuild the casing to not completely die inside.
BBS Competition Wheels from factory on it (the ones with screws)

Also i can see in the underpaint that it had a Rearwing (or at least mounts) on delivery and a big Rear Diffusor (holes in the Bumber from Mounting)

Some Guy told me, there was one production Year where they produced "special" Cars because of bankruptcy and they build them out of what they had because they were low on parts. Any chance that this is one of this Cars? Also i really wonder about how unique the interieur is done, that it has only 383HP officially etc.

The Engine is not red as normally, but Black. Also it has a hearable big cam (rough), other Lifters as they ticker very hearable but not unhealthy and definitely not 383 HP (i had Gen 1 Viper before, my acutal one sounds and goes like a monster in compare lol)

May somebody that has an idea get me a bit more into it.

Best, Niko

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You have any pictures? I would be very skeptical that any car cam from the factory with 4 extra gauges like those. Every mod on that car sound like typical aftermarket stuff. Even potentially sounds like a rebuilt/upgraded engine with the color difference as I don't believe they ever did anything different with those through the years. Even if it was "leftover" parts, I don't think they ever had parts like that leftover to begin with they would have been able to pull from. Maybe if it was more like one of the actual GTS race cars (kind of like the gen 3 comp coupes) I could see it having a lot of the stuff that yours has, but those wouldn't have had a VIN number, just a chassis number.

I'm not super knowledgeable about the early cars though, so take it all with a grain of salt. That's just what stands out to me from what you put in. I'm even less knowledgeable about the export cars, though I know the Chrysler Viper part is typical. They were not Dodges in Europe, so that doesn't surprises me. Either way sounds like a pretty cool car and certainly very interesting regardless!

OP
OP
N

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, will throw in some pictures later today. It´s an awesome ride i can tell you.

Definitely all the Gauges and stuff is in the "Order Sheet" when i pulled the FIN, you can see loads of extras and also those Gauges are noted. What i really wondered about was the 385HP Engine which is or should obviously not possible on this car.

If the car would have a Chassis Number instead or additional - Where to find it?
And where to look for engine and head numbers? Maybe it really was a racer and they put in a GTSR Block or some kind of fun. Like the torque difference right up 900 rpm is really impressive between this and my Gen1 i had.

I did not came to the point to really have a check on the Engine´s inside by now, probably it´s not even the Original Block on it. But i´m with you, i think they have redone at least the upper end in some way. Head´s were definitely off and you can hear the cam.

This Engine originally has had Pushrods and Rollers or Lifters? Like my valvetrain is rattling a lot between 2000 and 4500rpm. But i guess it´s normal "wear"...My 220k Miles Volkswagen Lupo rattles the same lol :D

Would love to throw it over the Dyno and see what it really has.

Best

OP
OP
N

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There we go - Forgot about "extras" in the Title, as in Germany we have to add every special change of technics to the Cars documents.

"Brembo Movit 4 Piston Brake" - which is obv. same as on Porsche Turbos or GT3, it has huge disks and the brake pedal is really hard and Stiff in compare to my Gen1. Have to apply much more to force it.

"Corsa Exhaust, 80db *lol*" - There is a Stainless exhaust but i couldnt find any tag. It has 4 Silencers, Exhaust manifold is Original, Kat´s on it, but the thing is ******* loud outside.

"CFD Suspension" - found nothing on the internet, it had a cracked Koni set as i bought. Now put a nice set of BC on it.

"Sparco Belts"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240220_184138_com.android.gallery3d_edit_67358282741284.jpg
    Screenshot_20240220_184138_com.android.gallery3d_edit_67358282741284.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20240220_183847_com.huawei.himovie.overseas_edit_67371393911073.jpg
    Screenshot_20240220_183847_com.huawei.himovie.overseas_edit_67371393911073.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20240220_184218_com.android.chrome_edit_67351864387118.jpg
    Screenshot_20240220_184218_com.android.chrome_edit_67351864387118.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20230823_181252.jpg
    IMG_20230823_181252.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20240215_120328.jpg
    IMG_20240215_120328.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, will throw in some pictures later today. It´s an awesome ride i can tell you.

Definitely all the Gauges and stuff is in the "Order Sheet" when i pulled the FIN, you can see loads of extras and also those Gauges are noted. What i really wondered about was the 385HP Engine which is or should obviously not possible on this car.

If the car would have a Chassis Number instead or additional - Where to find it?
And where to look for engine and head numbers? Maybe it really was a racer and they put in a GTSR Block or some kind of fun. Like the torque difference right up 900 rpm is really impressive between this and my Gen1 i had.

I did not came to the point to really have a check on the Engine´s inside by now, probably it´s not even the Original Block on it. But i´m with you, i think they have redone at least the upper end in some way. Head´s were definitely off and you can hear the cam.

This Engine originally has had Pushrods and Rollers or Lifters? Like my valvetrain is rattling a lot between 2000 and 4500rpm. But i guess it´s normal "wear"...My 220k Miles Volkswagen Lupo rattles the same lol :D

Would love to throw it over the Dyno and see what it really has.

Best
Not sure what you mean by order sheet. Maybe they were all dealer installed items, but I can't imagine any of that is factory.

Whatever is noted on a registration doesnt mean anything so I wouldnt worry about a hp number on a registration.

OP
OP
N

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, i meant Dealer-Order-Sheet. Like if i go for a Report for the Car that i can pull online, i can see nearly all the Stuff installed is listed on it.

Maybe was a small series Semi - Racecar, Dragster or something as it has Pull-Hinches on both ends, no "Dodge Viper" Tag on the back bumper and many more abnormalties. But never found any batch or something. Myself i thought it´s maybe just a ACR without ACR batch

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Very odd, though then again I don't really know how exports work as that might play into some of this. I could picture requiring information to be included on an import/export sheet that might cover modifications or options, so I could see someone modifying the car in the US before exporting it and it "looks" like factory/dealer installed items, but on the other hand this car seems like it was built for export to start with, so it's certainly a head scratcher. Wonder if maybe it was a show car? I still doubt any of that stuff was "factory" installed, but I could see the factory having a shop do some of that work to parade the car around in the market it was going to. Would be nice if the VIN codes could tell anything more than that.

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, i meant Dealer-Order-Sheet. Like if i go for a Report for the Car that i can pull online, i can see nearly all the Stuff installed is listed on it.

Maybe was a small series Semi - Racecar, Dragster or something as it has Pull-Hinches on both ends, no "Dodge Viper" Tag on the back bumper and many more abnormalties. But never found any batch or something. Myself i thought it´s maybe just a ACR without ACR batch
I think theres just some confusion as to what's on the "order" sheet and however it ended up being sold.

None of those parts are factory parts. Even the smooth tubes arent the dodge smooth tubes.

OP
OP
N

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

thanks for all the replies. You are maybe right with the Parts beeing fitted to the Car at some additional Shop or Dealership before the Export process.
Definitely the Parts are all US-Aftermarket-Parts that "nobody" in Europe would fit. So definitely it has come in this config to Europe.

With the Smooth Tubes, you could be right. I wondered about them.
The guess with the show-car.... i am not sure.... Also the Alignment is very Straight.
I would more guess it was a "Semi-Dragster" and the customization is done in a nice quality way.

Maybe someone in here knows the Car as it´s really unique looking.

OP
OP
N

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to know, now it´s interesting again. And how did they do it? I mean it´s not a Gen 1 Engine in it. How the hell they put 383 HP on it :D

BoondocSaint

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Europe spec put a restriction in the airbox and exhaust if memory serves me right. I believe the ecu was also tuned differently. Europe tends to be a little more restrictive than the U.S. for emissions, noise, and probably a few other things.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Also, Dodge "Viper" could not be trademarked in many European
markets, so its not odd for the badging to be missing or the
paperwork to be off. By the Gen3 it was simply an SRT-10.

But i agree with the above, none of those upgrades are OEM or
even Mopar Performance. I hope the seller did not deceive you.
Its a pretty car nonetheless...

GTSHolgi

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually, official Euro Vipers were labeled "Chrysler Viper". Also, they came with an additional indicator on the side of the hood (like yours). Your car is just a heavily modded car. None of the mods are factory mods.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21