What's the average rear wheel HP on a stock '94?..

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What\'s the average rear wheel HP on a stock \'94?..

We never dyno tested a bone stock '94 and I'm wondering how much we picked up on the average.
Here's where we're at now, $3250 in mods:

You must be registered for see images

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What\'s the average rear wheel HP on a stock \'94?..

I haven't dynoed my 95 yet, but I've been watching others' dyno reports carefully. My best estimate (all dynos are different) would be 354 rwhp for 94 and 95. It looks like you've done pretty well, but I wouldn't have used the borla exhaust. This is not the most well researched exhaust manufacturer. I would've spent the extra money with Bellanger (or even TNT or Hennessey), or if cheap is your goal the new ******'s for $1200 (not coated).

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sean, we just had our Dyno Day event yesterday and the only relative stock Gen I was my 93 RT-10. With the addition of K&N filters and smoothies only and about 23500 miles on the car it pulled 368 RWHP and 444 ft/lbs. The second run netted 364 RWHP and 440 ft/lbs. I noted the numbers for about 22 other Vipers at the event with differant stages of mods and can tell you that bone Gen II's with a cat back and K&N's averaged some place between 390 and 425 RWHP. The 425 seemed like a very good number for a car which was relatively bone stock.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Actually there was a 94 RT there with a Hennessey exhaust set up ( headers, CATS mufflers ) but I do not have the numbers in front of me. I will double check before posting. The owners does have a problem with not passing emissions test and was asking me what he should do. This set up does have some sort of HMS CAT on it so I don't know why it won't pass? They teated it 3 times (because it was real close) but it failed each time.

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks Guys,
It looks like we pretty honestly picked up about 55 rear wheel HP and 50 ft. lbs torque over stock.
It really made a nice combination that radically changed the way the car drove. The car makes great torque and power (air filters, tubes, engine calibrator, Borla headers and exhaust), accelerates really fast in the lower gears (aluminum flywheel) and has great throttle response (engine calibrator). All without going into the motor and at a reasonable cost. That's what we were after
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21