Where are all the "real" track reports by owners?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm, is this the same Allan that has had some GT3's in the past? Maybe a CLK Black? I think we may know each other or at least some of the same people. I have a few friends who are members at AMP.

I haven't run AMP yet because my car is too loud and I'm not willing to jump through hoops to drive it when Road Atlanta is nearby. I don't think it's a great track for a Viper and certainly not a great track to tune the suspension. Nearly all of the turns are off camber to slow you down and make the lap last as long as possible for a short track, to many really tight turns for my taste. I will drive it eventually because it's so close, but only after getting some Db readings on my car.

Dez

I remember seeing a Black Series car at one event at Road Atlanta last year, but I can't remember if it was running or not. I've heard the same thing about AMP not being a great track for Vipers, but I haven't run it either due to noise restrictions. I just put a new muffler on the Thunder Roadster that quieted it down quite a bit, but don't have any readings on it yet. I'm hoping it keeps me quiet enough to not have to worry about sound at Roebling or during quiet time on Sunday at RA. I'll find out about Sunday quiet time next weekend. :)

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I rode with some friends around the track and was underwhelmed, no real racing taking place there, heavy noise restrictions, lots of tight off camber turns. Just not my idea of fun with Road Atlanta, Barber and CMP so close. I may try to get in their time trial series at some point though if I can get past sound. My straight pipes are not that quiet, even with Turbos.

I"ll be at the Chin Event at Road Atlanta next weekend as well.

Reaction score
Have/had GT3s. No Black Series. Yes., AMP is not a match for RA or Barber but, it has it's own strengths and is available to me 2-3 days every week. The "others" aren't. Allan
Ps, I'll be at R/A THIS weekend (MVP) .