Who is the youngest? and who is the oldest? Viper Owner

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bought a 99 vette at 21, sold it after my 22nd birthday 10k miles later and bought the GTS :) :headbang:

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was 21 when I bought mine. I just turned 22 in November.

YoungGun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got mine 2months after my 21st. b-day. I am still 21 and loving it. If I would have even thought about it when I was younger most likly would have got one. there sure is alot of us youngGuns out here be safe and try not to run into eack other!!

Reaction score
One day ill have one,
I know what you mean. Luckily my folks gave me a 93 silverado that i invested money when i had it for the past 3 yrs. and now have many people come and ask my why i drive that thing around everyday and not have it in shows :) I would love to have a new z71 or a ram outta college but i know that will just push back my viper even more. ah, decisions, decisions........ maybe we will be able to get one around the same time the FE Gen IV's become 2 or 3 yrs old. :) :):)

I was actually considering trading the stang in for one of those new challengers in 2009, but as you stated it will just put back the Viper so I am not gonna do it. Don't worry man. Keep the dream alive and we'll have it before we know it.....we hope :p .

Reaction score
21 years old, 22 years old. Holy Crap. What kind of insurance are you guys paying for those beasts? Hell I'll get one in a few years if the insurance ain't that bad. I guess you guys are loaded though huh? :)

TooEvil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 31 and just bought mine a few months ago. I do remember seeing a story on the news where a kid, north of Seattle, killed an elderly woman by getting into an accident with the "Sports car" his dad bought him for his 16th birthday. It was a GTS. WAS a GTS.

Not to bring the thread down, but age and wisdom sometimes have their perks.

YoungGun

Enthusiast
Reaction score
agreed... That is why I Try and keep it at the track. I cant help myself most of the time. I did grow up driving faster rear wheel drive cars but I still have much to learn. Oh yeah insurance is like around 80 bucks full coverage I have 3 cars and 1 bike I think I get a fleet rate or something.

OP
OP
C

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very happy to hear that we are a pretty young group, maybe all us 20 somthings should get together in a road rally some time(that could be one hell of a party). By the way my insurace is 80 bucks a month (third car on policy) with Allstate.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang. All I had at 16 was my Dad's old Pontiac. It was so bad that I used to arrive at school an hour early so people would not tease me. It was a different story when I had my brother's cool RX7. I made sure the pretty cheer leading girls were standing outside before I pulled into the parking lot on those days. :2tu:

Reaction score
No one even comes close to me, I was the youngest by far................right when I born, the Viper came out next, we were twins born only two minutes apart.
It was real tough on my mom, she almost needed a C-section, and talk about the mess, the first detail took me hours.
Thanks Zaino.

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 31 and just bought mine a few months ago. I do remember seeing a story on the news where a kid, north of Seattle, killed an elderly woman by getting into an accident with the "Sports car" his dad bought him for his 16th birthday. It was a GTS. WAS a GTS.

Not to bring the thread down, but age and wisdom sometimes have their perks.

One problem with your theory. Age does not equal wisdom. You can substitue maturity, common sense, whatever for wisdom. Seen many older people that do not have a clue.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
32 when I got mine over 1 year ago. I am also glad I didn't get one when I was a teenager. I damn near killed myself with a 4 cyl Pontiac Sunbird when I drove recklessly with it and smashed it while sober. I also believe that I appreciate it more since I slaved for years to get it.

ArlyDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, i'm getting ripped. I pay an additional $150 a month for full covereage on the Viper and that's my 4th car out of 5 on my insurance. I got all state.

RobZ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't own a Viper yet but when I was 12 I knew I would someday. I am 24 now and still looking for that perfect deal (GTS for <40K).

I have 3 cars and 1 bike I think I get a fleet rate or something.

Hopefully my fleet will help keep the Viper rate in check. I am currently insuring a '90 Miata-daily, '88 Fiero GT--project car, '90 300ZXTT--toy, '01 R6--track toy, '04 R1--FAST toy, '87 Checkmate Starflite--68mph on the H20, all with Allstate.

Just got a second job so I can get away with a $700 per month car + insurance payment without beaking into my current income. GTS here I come! ;)

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was 19 when I bought my first 68 corvette convertable and 43 when I bought my GTS.

I remember paying $2400 a year for insurance for a 205hp 82 vette when it was new and I was 22 years old, now 22 years later I pay about $1200 per year for insurance for a 450hp viper. I guess it pays to get old!

Nuck

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the demographic for new Viper buyers is 50ish. I saw a few years ago some published stuff. Average new Vette buyer 44 or something like that. 355 buyers were like 55 years old and the Maranello buyers were over 60! It doesn't come down to who wants them the most, it is who has the $ to buy and insure them. Usually professional men who's children have finally released their grip on dad's wallet. It listed occupations as well and the typical Maranello buyer was CEO of a corporation.