Who's the Baddest?

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who\'s the Baddest?

With everyone on here pushing these Vipers to the top end, who here does everyone think has the absolute biggest and baddest ride.

The 1000 hp HENESSAY VIPER is excluded from this competition!

Pictures and a rundown would be great if you have them.

P.S. If nothing else just tell us the one thing that you did that you feel made the biggest difference.

Thanks guys. :2tu:

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who\'s the Baddest?

The 1000 hp HENESSAY VIPER is excluded from this competition!

Why?

It's not even par to some new rides.... Some guys here are pushing past 1200-1500 HP!!

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My ride is the fastest one here...check out my mods..... :D

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Excuse me while the Dorkfish here finishes choking down his corn dog. Wholly sheep $#!+ Martha, I got lots to learn.

These things are freegin OUTRAGEOUS!

1200-1500 horsees, may as well go fly an F15 just to come down off of the rush slowly.

Do these maniacs frequent the forum here? I'd like to hear a word or two from the dudes that break the sound barrier in these cars.

Thanks much, AGAIN! :cool:

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I've watched Chad run 8's in bradenton on an off day. Not sure what the HP #'s are, but 1200+ for sure. WITH a nice stereo system in the hatch. high HP does not come cheap, but can be done.

Some with just bolt ons and spray are breaking into the 9's, while running their AC on with the windows down.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i believe i saw a blue and white do 254 on the salt flats...

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

and im pretty sure CHAD's car is above that 1471.35 rwhp number.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everyone know's Chad's car is the BADDEST! Plain and simple!

[******] isn't even in the running.

IMO:
Heffner makes the baddest. (not that I'm biased)
Underground is one of the best.
SVS is one of the best.
RSI has a couple cars out with Massive power.
Paolo has been working on it for a while, and sooner or later will have his setup dialed in also.

Vipers rule! :headbang:

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Everyone know's Chad's car is the BADDEST! Plain and simple!

[******] isn't even in the running.

IMO:
Heffner makes the baddest. (not that I'm biased)
Underground is one of the best.
SVS is one of the best.
RSI has a couple cars out with Massive power.
Paolo has been working on it for a while, and sooner or later will have his setup dialed in also.

Vipers rule! :headbang:

baddest at what? 1/4 mile yes, but i think thats it.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Are we talking 1/4 miles, one mile, rear wheel horsepower, what? I'd agree its either Underground racing or Heffner for 1/4 mile "badness". SVS just broke Henneys old one mile record so I would say they're the baddest.

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the intent of the original question was a combination of all things, That makes it a bit harder, maybe impossible? As everyone has their own bad meter measure.
Let's say overall. The 1/4 mile was always the deciding factor on Gratiot Avenue in Detroit so you know where I'm at on this one.

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It is a sad day when you say that a 1k HP car is out of the running... I guess mine is a Ford Focus.

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Viprvenm don't take it so hard. Your car scores a solid 10 on its looks! 700 HP is quite respectable as well.

Crazy1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Without question everyone in the Viper community is missing out by overlooking the baddest Viper builders in the world that have THE MOST credentials and THE LEAST press and marketing which would help them so much - SVS in West Chicago, Illinois!!! www.svspower.com

[******] and many others builders get all the glory with thier strong marketing and press machines but seriously dont come close to SVS's accomplishments and vehicles. This gets me sick and hopefully we can all spread the word if you look into them and agree as I do.

I have had a Viper GTS ACR Since 1999 and been lucky enough to live close to thier shop here in the western suburbs of Chicago to witness many of thier accomplishements.

The most recent example of this was thier entry and record breaking standing mile results in the Hot Rod Magazine Maxon Mile contest where they became the fastest production body vehicle EVER running an average of 218 mph over I believe an average taken from two runs! (Throw that at those Z06 forums)

http://www.svspower.com/images/upload/video_63_0.wmv

With the same car they also ran an 8.54 175mph quarter in the fall of 2005 before the weather got really bad here and they did not have this thing dialed in by any means with very weak starts on the few runs(3) they got in. I think they will break the Viper quarter record in 2006 easily once they tweak a few things and get a couple more runs. I also know these runs were not done on full boost by any means.

This same Car also broke the top Speed record in it's class at the Bonneville salt falts a while back running an average of 254mph.

What builder has achieved this with the same engine and car over such diverse tests of performance ??? They have changed transmissions and a few other odds and ends for best perfomance in each of these diverse contests but the bulk of the car has remained the same for years also proving it's reliability.

Ron Jr and I have had many talks on this issue of reliable horsepower over the years and yes it will cost you more to make reliable horsepower but they really know what they are doing and only believe in reliable HP.

To top things off, this year they have upgraded a few things in thier package and are now making 1725 rwhp vs the 1300 rwhp that they broke the 247mph record in Boneville with. They know if nothing breaks and they can run full boost 300mph is in this street drivable vehicle - WOW, WOW, WOW!!!

http://www.svspower.com/images/upload/video_54_0.wmv

Obviously this represents thier absolute top of the line package but believe it or not there is a young kid here in Lemont, Illinois that I know first hand is having SVS buildone of these beasts strictly for the street so these are not just race cars as many will try and persuade you so they dont look bad!!! (Everyone in Illinois better watch out for this MONSTER)

On top of these acomplishments Ron Jr ran another one of thier cars in road racing for a couple years some years back and basically kicked everthings a_ _!

These guys are the REAL DEAL across all ranges of performance not just quarter mile and you should check thier website out for all kinds of great videos, pics, parts and information.

If your ever thinking of any kind of package from small to extreme I would at least talk to these guys or your doing yourself an injustice.

I recently took delivery of a 2006 First Edition SRT-10 Coupe and as much as I would love one of thier crazy packages it's too much for me at this point so I am having them put an intercooled supercharger package on my car along with the Race Logic traction control, comp coupe oil pan, headers, exhaust, Quaife and a few other goodies that will make my summer a blast.

My 2 cents at least!

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There's enough left over from that two cents to keep some change! I would venture to say that todays leader is being chased by tomorrows winner.

Who will be the first to reach 2000 HP is what we should have said!

Crazy1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Di_ _ H e _ d!

I was just trying to be a contibutor to this forum and thread in particular by providing what I feel is valuable information and my choice for the BADDEST builder, you on the otherhand appear to be a hater since you nicely avoided and diverted around the REAL question of this thread to make smart remarks about my post!

My vote was for SVS being the BADDEST builder, who was it that you mentioned ?

Keep your personal attacks to yourself in the future Mr. fine living, novelist and real estate.

By the way if you would have looked further into SVS and the video links I provided they already have achieved 2000 hp at the crank! Look at the dyno sheet and weep.

Also, in the future please keep your valuable and meaningful worldly philosphy of today's leader is being chased by tomorrows winner to yourself - the purpose of this thread was to ask everyone who they think is the BADDEST builder / Viper, that's it!

I hope your not working for one of the fearful other builders or something like that are you?

Do yourself a favor and don't respond to me again unless it's private as I wont waste the rest of this forum and threads time going back and forth with you here anymore!

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seriously.........Without Rediculous slicks.......On street tires...........HOW are you going to benefit from anything over 800 HP??????????????? Its all about bragging rights....Once you hit 1,000 HP..........It's all about the tires/ and the driver hands down....

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

There's enough left over from that two cents to keep some change! I would venture to say that todays leader is being chased by tomorrows winner.

Who will be the first to reach 2000 HP is what we should have said!

svs put down about 1500rwhp on 17pds of boost. other tuners are putting down that amount of power with 25-30 pds of boost. they can easily run 25+ pds of boost. do the math.

hi crazy, when are you going to start your new project on that sweet new coupe?

danauito, if you want a glory number let me know and for the right price i'll let you see 2000rwhp dyno on my viper. it will be complete and dynoing at the end of the month. :2tu:

OP
OP
D

DanAuito

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think you missed the point Jim, on the contrary, you made some excellent points and had an information packed post!
As for high living an excursion, a F150 and a stock 98 RT don't quite qualify for the fine living moniker.

Dude, I'm just saying I no longer believe there is any one best, biggest and baddest, they all are different!

I'd say you got me beat by a good six car lengths here Jim.
--------------------
Jim McClain
--------------------
2006 First Edition SRT-10 Coupe
2006 Maserati F1 Coupe
1999 Viper GTS ACR
2003 Corvette Z06
1992 GMC Typhoon
2002 Lexus RX 300
Now that's what this 20 yr retired Coast Guard guy would say appears to be some fine living!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I call Bull-shee-hat :nono: on anyone who says that they can make 1500rwhp on 17lbs of boost. even a 12:1 compression motor won't do it. the physics aren't there. Even a 540 stroker with 12:1 compression and 17lb of boost won't make 1500rwhp. it just isn't physically possible.

Believe the hype all you want... SVS has done many things right but to be local to them and to promote the way you do makes it look like you work for them. which you probably don't. Because if you did you'd know that 17lb of boost won't produce numbers like that.

But you could be their outsourced marketing grunt. marketing people are lawyers... you know they are not telling the truth because their lips are moving.

But that is just my $.02...

JD

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Di_ _ H e _ d!

I was just trying to be a contibutor to this forum and thread in particular by providing what I feel is valuable information and my choice for the BADDEST builder, you on the otherhand appear to be a hater since you nicely avoided and diverted around the REAL question of this thread to make smart remarks about my post!

My vote was for SVS being the BADDEST builder, who was it that you mentioned ?

Keep your personal attacks to yourself in the future Mr. fine living, novelist and real estate.

By the way if you would have looked further into SVS and the video links I provided they already have achieved 2000 hp at the crank! Look at the dyno sheet and weep.

Also, in the future please keep your valuable and meaningful worldly philosphy of today's leader is being chased by tomorrows winner to yourself - the purpose of this thread was to ask everyone who they think is the BADDEST builder / Viper, that's it!

I hope your not working for one of the fearful other builders or something like that are you?

Do yourself a favor and don't respond to me again unless it's private as I wont waste the rest of this forum and threads time going back and forth with you here anymore!

Wow..... :hitfan:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Baddest might also require a proven system that has been on the street for a decent amount of time, has a large number of systems out that have proven to be reliable.

Which in fact makes Heffner the KING. I'm sure he has the most systems on the street including the Most Videos out for sure(thanks to GaryJ! :eek: ), fastest Viper in the 1/4, Pump Gas Drags Winner, etc, etc. :headbang:

SVS is also the REAL DEAL. They mix it up in their racing outside of the 1/4. Which is more than Awesome for them and for the Viper Community. They've been around a long time also. :2tu:

Anyone up for a SuperTuner Shootout, Viper Style? We'd all love to see it, but the problem is that NOT too many guys want to drive these 2000hp Snakes down a 1/4 mile, let alone a Full Mile, and only one knucklehead has driven it past that in straight line competition. :nana:

Who's the Baddest?? :bonker:

Viper TT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I call Bull-shee-hat :nono: on anyone who says that they can make 1500rwhp on 17lbs of boost. even a 12:1 compression motor won't do it. the physics aren't there. Even a 540 stroker with 12:1 compression and 17lb of boost won't make 1500rwhp. it just isn't physically possible.

Believe the hype all you want... SVS has done many things right but to be local to them and to promote the way you do makes it look like you work for them. which you probably don't. Because if you did you'd know that 17lb of boost won't produce numbers like that.

But you could be their outsourced marketing grunt. marketing people are lawyers... you know they are not telling the truth because their lips are moving.

But that is just my $.02...

JD

crazy is just posting his opinion.

what hype? they have proven their product. i am just a customer also. i have personally seen the capabilities of their system and that is why i chose to get my car modified by svs. you have no idea how much time and money has been spent to accomplish this amount of efficiency for a twin turbo system for their viper and mine, which will be complete very soon. think out of the box and anything is possible.

before you call bullsheet get the facts straight.