Wierd Alarm System - Help needed in UK!!

TazUK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT COLOR="Black">Hi all, I need your help! I have a 1994 RT/10 and am a member of the UK Viper club. Basically, my alarm/immobiliser is screwed up! The "AlarmSet" light is constantly on whilst driving and every now and then the "alarmset" light will flash with the indicators flashing which drains my battery and I have to jump start! The flashing does stop after about 5 minutes as it seems to reset itself. Also, I cannot set the alarm by pushing the keyfob, I used to get a little "peep" from the horn as the system was activated, now I get nothing! It may be coincidental but I got someone to replace the old Chrysler stereo with a new Sony one. I am interested to know;
1) has anyone else suffered from this?
2) Where the alarm system/wiring is located
3) If anyone has any diagnostic info on the alarm system
4) If there is any connection between the alarm and the installation of a stereo system! Its a wierd one so if anyone can help I'll listen!! Thanks. Please mail to [email protected]</FONT c>

Paul S Lacey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well does seem like it could be the stereo installation if it happened as soon as the item was fitted to the car, but if it happened soon after I doubt it is that.

First thing to do is disconnet the battery wait a couple of minutes then reconnect.

This will reset the alarm circuit, however the tick over will be erratic until the ECU learns the tick over which is about 30 minutes running.

If this does not cure it then it must be the alarm module so it will need replacing.

Mr 95RT/10 is a German car and the factory alarm has been removed and replaced with a CAT 1 Toad, cat 1 it would take me about 20 secs to bypass it.

See you at the next meet.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe pushing consectively three times both remote buttons at the same time will reset newer alarm systems, not sure on a
94 but worth a try before disconnecting the battery. Sounds
like a radio install problem. Welcome
to the small UK club

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hi Tarek,

You got on the Viper board pretty quick. Hope you get it figured out.

OP
OP
T

TazUK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear all,
MANY MANY thanks for responding. Im new to the Viper life and am really impressed by the "community spirit" that exists!
Anyway, just to let you know...

At the weekend I spent about two hours checking out lots of stuff, one guy even mailed me scanned copies of the manual. To cut a long story short - I fixed it! Guess what it was?
a fuse!! There is a 20amp fuse in the main fuse box that had blown. Im surpirsed because the alarm was still going off and lighting up on the dashboard even though the fuse had gone!?

Anyway, I replaced it and it all jumped back in to life!
Typical though - I went through all the difficult things first!!
Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again.
Regards
Tarek.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems strange for the alarm system to sound even though the fuse was blown, anyway you'll find out there's nothing straight forward about the viper. Knowledge from UK dealerships is
rather slim only a couple are recommended and have dealings with the snake.
Stay tuned here and you'll pick up loads of useful info

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4