will a Gen 2 wheel fit on a gen 3 car

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
deam, I think that you may have misunderstood his question. I don't think a gen 1 or 2 wheel will fit on a gen 3 car because of the larger brakes and rotors, however, deam is absolutely right when he says that the gen 3 wheels will fit both a gen 1 &2.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to know if a GEN 2 wheel will fit on a GEN 3 car?????? Rear wheel specifically

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need to know if a GEN 2 wheel will fit on a GEN 3 car?????? Rear wheel specifically

speak to Daves Big Brakes he will know, with OE gen2 wheels you need a spacer when fitting gen3 brakes on the front not sure about the rears, the spacer just gives it that extra of clearance needed to miss the calipers

we have a guy here with gen3 discs and calipers all round on his gen2, he also brought the ACR wheels, so maybe the standard wheels wont fit over gen3 calipers on the rear

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bolt patten is obviously the same, however, the size of the calipers is diffent and Gen2 wheels are 18". Measure the clearance between your caliper and the inside of the wheel. If you are going from a 19" wheel to an 18" wheel, for instance, you will need more than 1/2" clearance for the smaller wheel to fit.

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have SRT brakes (front and rear) on my GTS and 18" OEM rims off a 2001 car. Not sure if the 18" wheels will fit an SRT.

Last edited:

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Last edited by Red Snake : Today at 02:02 PM. Reason: Correcting info. "
^^^^
This eliminated my previous rant. :)

NO THEY WILL NOT (gen 2 wheels on a gen 3)
THE ONLY EXCEPTION... If you buy the ARCHER brake relocation kit, you can run AFTER MARKET 18 inch rims with correct offset, you can NOT run any other GEN 2 RIM, OTHER THEN THE ACR on a gen 3 with a brake relocation kit.

Rest assured, I have done and tried all of the above, take my information as fact, or run the risk of getting wheels you cant use.

Jon

Last edited:

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG, OMG, OMG!! :omg:

Please forgive if I was wrong. :dunno: I have aftermarket rotors, not stock Gen II rotors.

I guess you can disregard my previous post. :eater:

:cool: