Your Favorite Thing About Your Snake!

SnakeBolt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got off the phone w/ the Navy, and if i can run a mile and a half in 13.5 minutes, it's pretty much Viper time for me since i am almost guaranteed commission as an officer! The time is close.....so TELL ME YOUR FAVORITE THING(S) ABOUT OWNING A SNAKE AND GET ME PUMPED UP!!!!

Bill

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
S

SnakeBolt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no, it's the physical readiness part of the test - i have everything else done but that. I wish i could drive it.

USAF BAD ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
13.5 minutes?!? You can walk that! Just think about driving that bad asp car with the top off down a sunny beach road with woman yelling and screaming at you begging for a ride... er, in the viper... that's what I do everytime I cruise around..
laugh.gif

tmcalist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The outrageous looks of the car and the outrageous looks you get from people when driving the car. Does not matter the age, race, income level, etc. of the folks gawking. They all love it. You will not be disappointed.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive mine as often as possible sun or rain (light) yet one thing i truly enjoy is getting behind the wheel after hibernation is over (ohio, here) and believe it or not it feels like a bit alien and definitely new the first few times in spring. obviously due to driving a landcruiser all winter. going from that tank to a viper six-speed, worth the winter torture. Now if spring woudl just get here! tired of this teasing weather

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My favorite thing? The shift from 2nd to 3r under wide open throttle. It STILL makes me grin like I just won the lottery!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Starting it up and pulling it out of the garage for a Drive! That's only the beginning of what is to come next! Which is totally up to Me, whether I want to cruise or take it out and drive it hard!

Man, I miss my car!! I don't even get to look at it sitting in the garage right now! But it won't be too much longer!!! Thats' another great thing about a Viper, you will always want to go look at it!!

Every time I drive it, I feel great during and afterwards!!

Best of luck! And please, PLEASE!!! tell us all you won't have a problem with a 13:30 for a 1 1/2 mile trot!! I guess, I would advise you to get on a treadmill and figure out the slow, steady pace you need to get it done! You will realize how easy it is! Especially, thinking about the Viper you will have!!

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Truck!! I think my fav thing is knowing my Viper is in my garage. Gotta go, I hear her calling.

Viablo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Snakebolt i'm sure you'll make it. If the Viper itself is not enough incentive here's what happened to me one day last summer while driving. This very pretty female pulls up in a brand new white vette and gives me thumbs up. Now occasionally i am seen driving that white vette.
devil.gif

CAS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frank, are you sure that strength isn't from something else, lol
smile.gif
? J/K

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything about Vipers does it for me (except the brakes! Oh, an OE exhaust!). They set the standard, and your pulse racing with out running anywhere!

Even in my 4th year of ownership my heart still races just like the first time I ever clapped eyes on one!

You will not be disappointed, and people will wonder why you are always smiling, reward yourself...go buy one!

(Ex Army PTI; marathon in 3!)

OP
OP
S

SnakeBolt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no i think i'll be fine, it's just that i have come A LONG WAY for the Navy. i was 280lbs before going in, and dropped to 231 to get in and am now better than i was then - i don't think it will be TOO hard
smile.gif
i estimate having to run approx. 7.5miles an hour to make it - not too bad considering the results! Thanks all!

Tomer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best thing about my snake is simple: THe feeling you get when
letting out the clutch!!!

THe other is the looks, as has been mentioned...Funniest one was one day I moved up on the right side of a Camry, I had moved into the off ramp lane (not passing on right!) and the "blue hairs" were going pretty slow...THe lady in the back, complete with the "welding glasses" on, looked over at me, paused for what seemed like a minute, then seemingly with all her energy flashed me a bug smile and a huge "thumbs up"...Of course, I gave her a nice wave back...

You gotta love it!

Tomer
96 RT/10

JetMec

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I work my butt off to afford this car. There are two times everyday I smile ear to ear. When I pull into the garage and see it parked next to my daily driver, and when I lay down in bed for some rest. Once a week if the weather is good I DRIVE... Too Cool.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SnakeBolt:
Your Favorite Thing About Your Snake!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm? Still no comment from MarkO? Either he's ill or in his case it's more like a worm.

cycloneGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VettetoViper:
I don't take the teacher an Apple - She brings one for me...........
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
laugh.gif

I'd have to agree...this car gets you looks from anyone and everyone. People want to see the car up close, and want to know more about it, just to say they SAW one!

dadsvpr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
best thing about driving my viper....

really, **accidently**, getting sideways into 2nd. reminds me there is plenty more to let loose!

the confidence knowing that there is virtually nothing on the road that gives me the performance driving options the viper does.

Jason

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nadine UK GTS:
Everything about Vipers does it for me (except the brakes! Oh, an OE exhaust!). They set the standard, and your pulse racing with out running anywhere!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nadine how ya doin'? Get a set of 4 wheel Stoptech brakes, I just put em on, awesome!!!!!

My favorite part, the steering wheel.

Paul Fischer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The best part of owning a Viper for me was the the Viper Nation. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing like a car that you can drive to the track and beat and trailer queen Ferrari that grids with you, a car that performs flawlessly well after others have retired to the shop for the day, one that you can drive with confidence daily or save for weekend worship. But the folks at the Viper events and especially on this board were what made it a unique experience. I started lurking here around 96, bought a GTS in 98, stacked it in '00 and am now selling one of my houses so I can get another GTS ready for the Texas Triathlon later this season. I still visit Viper events even if I have to drive a Nissan to get there to stay in the loop with the folks and products that are the icing on the cake. VOI5 in Vegas was simply the best time I ever had and introduced me to a new love in life, road racing. DaimlerChrysler put on a hell of a party that made the support I got from Rolls Royce on a couple of other cars pale by comparison. And where else can you play with characters like JonB, Prashant and WingKing without signing a liabilty waiver first?

It's a great car no doubt. But it's the people that take it to the next level. That '02 VCA badge on the lanyard is going to feel pretty darn good in Nashville come September...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21