04 srt10 question-7 yr 70,000 question

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
called dc yesterday and transfered the warranty into my name from previous owner my white 04--i asked if the 70 yr 70,000 also transfers, and she said yes, but it would cost $150 to transfer the powertrain warranty--seemed a little odd as i have never had to do that with a warranty before--anyone else encountered this?-Ben

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That is the fee incurred if you want to transfer, and many folks have not done it so the transfer never occurred. You might consider and extended service contract , as the powertrain covers around 200 items, whereas the top of the line contract covers over 5000.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Viper

OP
OP
A

albinonile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,
what would an extended service contract run on the viper--any deductibles for service?-is the 7 yr 70,000 a good cover on engine and transmission problems?-Ben

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The extended coverage for a Viper with a factory 7/70 warranty costs almost as much as for the coverage for both 7/70 and extended coverage on a 3/36 covered viper only. It is not a good deal.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Give me a call and I can give you a price , based on your in-service date. I am not sure what the other gentleman was saying, as I found his post confusing, but I think you will find most folks on the Forum will recommend the Chrysler ( and only Chrysler's ) service contract. It is transferable to the next customer if you sell the car and it is cancellable if you have an accident or trade before it is up. Hope that helps.

Bill Pemberton
1-800-889-1893

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My dealer told me (after extensive research) that the 7/70,000 powertrain warranty transfers without fees- its the paid for extended warranty that costs money to transfer

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I Thought that the 03 viper was the last of the 7yr-70k mile warranty. I'm going to go and check my paper work.

Don Hiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I raised this question several weeks ago and the short answer is that the 7/70 powertrain warranty on SRT 10's built prior to October, 2003, covered the vehicle itself irrespective of how many owners it had.

The 7/70 warranties on SRT 10's built subsequent to October, 2003, applied to the initial and second owner ONLY.

2006 models will not have a 7/70.

I would agree that it probably would be most prudent, for those built after 10/03, to consider an extended Chrysler warranty rather than paying $150 to transfer the 7/70.

One final note: Don't purchase an extended warranty until shortly before the 3/36 expires. Otherwise, you'll be spending money on duplicitous coverage.

Don