09 ACR or Coupe

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After FINALLY selling my 08 Roadster iam ready to have Darren(BUHLER ) order me an 09 .The car will be drag raced ALOT but never roadraced. What do you think?With the money diff i can do full Ballangers ,gears and a PCM.

For what you're planning to do, have you considered a clean '06 coupe with a paxton? There are some great deals out there

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what you're planning to do, have you considered a clean '06 coupe with a paxton? There are some great deals out there
Paxtons and i are not good company together .Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford often uses my Vipers as test cars(and sometimes it can get hairy) .Evan Smith hotlapping (back to back to back) a blown Viper in 100 degree heat at Englishtown makes for trouble rather quickly.Iam much better off staying NA with bolt ons that can produce 600 to the tire that i dont have to worry about the heat and other issues that are associated with the blower.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you think 09 Graphite ,Red Stripes with 5 spokes and 2 tone interior will look.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the SRT Engineers have stated that the ACR DOES have a slight advantage in the Quarter Mile. Those Aero Pieces start working to increase traction way sooner than people think. Given a driver of Furmans ability that is no doubt why he did not go faster taking off the wing. Indeed with the front downforce still in effect and virtually no rear downforce with the wing gone he made the car light in the rear thereby losing some traction at some point.
Remmember the 08 is a car you can break loose in higher gears than beore due to the torque coming on at much higher revs. It makes sense when the SRT guys talk about it.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually the SRT Engineers have stated that the ACR DOES have a slight advantage in the Quarter Mile. Those Aero Pieces start working to increase traction way sooner than people think. Given a driver of Furmans ability that is no doubt why he did not go faster taking off the wing. Indeed with the front downforce still in effect and virtually no rear downforce with the wing gone he made the car light in the rear thereby losing some traction at some point.
Remmember the 08 is a car you can break loose in higher gears than beore due to the torque coming on at much higher revs. It makes sense when the SRT guys talk about it.

There are also adjustable compression/rebound shocks to set the car to squat more. The coupe doesn't have that does it?

Still, the ACR is a tracker not a dragger. Seeing one set up for the dragstrip...eh, just doesn't do it for me.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Drag results speak for themselves with Furman (ACR )recording the fastest time ever for a GEN 4 STOCK ON STOCK TIRES 11.0.Interestingly enough Smith in my old roadster has the fastest conv time of 11.3 STOCK ON STOCK TIRES.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like EVERYTHING is in life it always comes down to the money.Is the super aggressive look of the ACR (which i love )worth 10 grand more than the coupe.

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jared, that sure looks like my car.... :)

1BADGTS, don't pass that car up.... you could get the best deal on an ACR yet.... used pricing with just a few hundred miles? I told Jared I would take the used one when it came in, but couldn't wait, and took the new one they had....

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1BADGTS, don't pass that car up.... you could get the best deal on an ACR yet.... used pricing with just a few hundred miles? I told Jared I would take the used one when it came in, but couldn't wait, and took the new one they had....
Thanks BUT i have to tell you my loyality is to BUHLER as Darren and i are childhood friends (i was in his wedding )so as he has done MANY times in the past iam sure he will more than hook me up.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have Buhler buy the car from Palmer, Trifecta.:2tu:

Thanks BUT i have to tell you my loyality is to BUHLER as Darren and i are childhood friends (i was in his wedding )so as he has done MANY times in the past iam sure he will more than hook me up.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have Buhler buy the car from Palmer, Trifecta.:2tu:
As i said the LAST thing iam worried about is the final price as Darren is like a brother to me its more whether i want or need to spend the extra money on the ACR which has features (DESPITE its awesome looks )that i will never use and may be not as street friendly as a coupe.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever you decide to buy, look it over VERY well before buying for flaws or imperfections.
Have you had any problems as my 08 Roadster was flawless - much better than the previous Generations i have owed.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS other than the car needing a little more gear SRT really did a GREAT JOB in refining the Gen 4s.

Blazeone

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As i said the LAST thing iam worried about is the final price as Darren is like a brother to me its more whether i want or need to spend the extra money on the ACR which has features (DESPITE its awesome looks )that i will never use and may be not as street friendly as a coupe.

Hope you get what you want, I'll just add that you don't use "looks" you enjoy them. If you like the look of the ACR and can afford it then get one :2tu:

viperpalmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is one that is cheap that I saw on Ebay....No seriously a moment of silence for this murdered beauty. :(
You must be registered for see images attach

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I told him the same thing...it never came in, you beat me to the one I was going to buy from Jarod, so I bought another. No regrets...buy an ACR. You never regret what you buy, only what you didn't buy. Thats a great deal.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I told him the same thing...it never came in, you beat me to the one I was going to buy from Jarod, so I bought another. No regrets...buy an ACR. You never regret what you buy, only what you didn't buy. Thats a great deal.
Guys i have seen the numbers posted(ACR) and Buhler will do better for me (ALWAYS HAS).The topic of this post is not who i should buy from but what model car i should get next.

viperpalmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand you are loyal, I have no problems with that, I respect that. I really think the VOI10 is the best of both worlds for you, but if you dont like the color scheme then just get a regular coupe.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can get a smoking deal on a like new ACR than go for it. Other than that I would have never sold the venom red you had.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys i have seen the numbers posted(ACR) and Buhler will do better for me (ALWAYS HAS).The topic of this post is not who i should buy from but what model car i should get next.

I said to buy an ACR...not from whom. You won't regret it unless your unable explore the cars real capabilities.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How cheap?

Here is one that is cheap that I saw on Ebay....No seriously a moment of silence for this murdered beauty. :(

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If cost is'nt an issue, then what's the question? You like the ACR so buy it. Who cares if it's got extra stuff. In my mind an ACR is worth every extra penny. If you try to get rid of it like the last one, it's resale value will be much higher anyway. It's a NO BRAINER in my book.

OP
OP

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If cost is'nt an issue, then what's the question? You like the ACR so buy it. Who cares if it's got extra stuff. In my mind an ACR is worth every extra penny. If you try to get rid of it like the last one, it's resale value will be much higher anyway. It's a NO BRAINER in my book.

I did not say cost, i said my cost (as in relation to the dealer i buy the car from )is not the issue here.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can always save up for the headers, gears, etc...............but once you buy the coupe it's never going to be an ACR. That's my opinion, I'm done.....either way I think it's great you can buy any of these cars right now.