18" Wheel Recommendations

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
18\" Wheel Recommendations

Anyone know of an 18" wheel with a 2.25" offset for caliper clearance on an SRT-10?

Any info is appreciated!

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 18

I'm curious, why an 18 inch wheel? The 19 inch rear looks so perfect on this car, the wheel style is even perfect as well as the wheel and tire size. I do think chrome would look great. The clear coat won't last long before it starts turning milky, and the polished finish will also start to oxidize I'm sure.

Skip White

OP
OP
B

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm looking for an 18" wheel to mount a pair of 345 BFG drag radials. This would drop the tire size by over 1.25 inch and bring the differential gearing up to better than a 3.27 equivalence from 3.07. Drag strip use only so I don't care what they look like.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: 18\" Wheel Recommendations

I have been told by PVO that stock 02 18" wheels will fit on the SRT-10. I have been looking for a set to use at the track for Viper days, because with only 3400 miles on my SRT the original tires are shot. Thinking that 18" wheels would allow me to purchase cheaper tires to use at the track. The only problem I have been told was that when the car is jacked off the ground to full suspension droop the tops of the wheels will hit the upper control arms on the front.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Rick I just done a killer suspension and custom alignment on my car. It certainly will help ya out on the drag strip, not to mention improve normal drivability. I've done it to several Vipers in the past. You will not believe how much better the car hooks up after you make these simple changes, and the control of the car when under hard accell. is really very noticeable.

I'm not finished with all that I'm going to do to the car but that was one thing I couldn't wait to do.

Skip W.

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stock GenII 18s will not fit. I had hoped to use my 18" OEM track wheels from my GTS on my SRT and no dice. They will not clear the caliper in front and I gave up at that point.

I'd like 18s for the track, too, so I can use the same wheels and tires for my GTS and SRT.

But these $4000-up wheel sets are simply crazy. I am used to paying a lot less for my race stuff.

OP
OP
B

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Skip,

I'm all ears on your suggestions. Thanks for the advice.

Spoke with CC Racing ([email protected]) and they will modify CC 18x13" wheels to fit the SRT. Weight is 23.6 lbs. and price is $1,050 per. For the SRT, they also offer light weight rotors and flywheel (Billet), 3.54 gears (torque biasing, Riccardo) and a larger crank pulley to help improve water flow. Email the above address for quotes.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Where is John Purner when we need him? A set of 18" rear wheels which look similar to the OEM fronts, fit over the SRT's rear calipers, and will fit the big BFG DRs would be just the ticket!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpcc