2001 GTS headers?

ssssssnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to do an exhaust upgrade, but here is my hold up. I was told by Dan Cragin that for my 2001 GTS they do not yet have a solid header due to the oxygen sensor issues. I really want headers, has anyone heard of this? I was thinking with going with Belanger headers, corsa catback, with high flow cats. Not too sure about the headers now after talking to Dan Cragin. Any ideas on this header issue?

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would love to make the same mod to mine.
Let me know the out come on this.
best wishes
JIM
smile.gif

GONABITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I am out of line on this sorry. I put the B$B headers on my car they are a slip fit header 5 into one with a great collector and perfect fit no wrestling at all with them the car sound and runs great.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like I heard that as long as you tapped the O2 sensors higher up into one of the primary tubes they would work OK. The issue is that they tend to run too cool or atleast don't heat up quick enough in the collector where they are typically mounted. I also thought I had heard that Belanger had changed their mounting location, but I have no first hand experience with it.

I've got the worst of both worlds. No headers and I still have the front O2 checklight. Hopefully a new MPU on order with the latest software will resolve it.

--- Ken

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the Belanger headers, R/T high flow cats and Corsa cat back installed on my '01 GTS about two weeks ago. No problems with the 02 sensor installation. No check engine light.

Awesome sounding. I am using more gas however, I can't help but to keep punching it.

To quote a previous post:

"Forget about upgrading your stereo, upgrade your exhaust,
you will never play the radio again".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas