2004 Tremec Speed Sensor Question

Big Jimbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out which pin on the connector has the pulse from the speed sensor for the speedometer. I have attached a picture of the plug and sensor. I am going to use an aftermarket speedometer that has a wire that needs to pick up the pulse. Thank you very much for any help! I have spent a lot of time looking at the factory wiring diagram and can't figure it out!
Jim

Last edited:

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was under the impression for GenIII (and after) that speed input was picked up from the ABS censor. Why not pick it up from one of the pins that plugs into the controller (located adjacent to the driver's side fog light)? You can access through front Driver's side access panel in the wheel well. Your service manual should have the location of the pin.....

OP
OP
B

Big Jimbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My problem is that I installed the 2004 engine and trans in a hot rod project and don't have the ABS or other sensors. I wanted to tap directly into the pulse generator for a signal for the speedometer. Here is a link to my project car. Thanks!
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvDatnbWTYY[/media]

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Contact Doug Levin of Doug Levin Motorsports a sponsor on this site...he has played around with these motors enough who might answer your question.....