2010 Calgary Viper Event

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2010 Calgary Viper Event

Well, here we go again!

In the last few weeks I've been able to confirm a track day with Race City - so we're a go!

Here are the particulars.

Our event is centered around the track date which is the evening of Monday May 31st. I understand that Mondays are not convenient for many - but weekend dates are almost impossible - and prohibitively expensive. Friday evenings are booked with drag racing so that leaves Monday as the best choice as it's as close to a weekend I can get. If we get 20 plus cars for the track event this year I can see about a weekend date for next year. Once again we're joining an existing Davenport Motorsports track night to keep the cost as low as possible.

On Saturday night (May 29th) we'll meet for Nacho's and wings at the newly refinished Boston Pizza at Aveneda Plaza right on McLeod Trail.

Sunday (May 30th) we'll go for a country drive that'll take the entire day. It'll be a different route than last year - but hopefully just as good. We will be driving a notably longer distance than last year. We'll also have another BBQ after our drive.

Monday (May 31st) will be another dyno day in the morning (if we get at least 3 takers - $157.50 each). Then in the afternoon is our main event, RACE CITY! Yeah! The cost of the track portion of the event varies (see below). Instructors are a must for all first timers to Race City. There will be open lapping sessions for those that attended last years event or that have track experience and don't require an instructor.

At the end of the evening we'll close up with some treats at Boston Pizza.

Last year was a great success despite some - ahem - challenging weather conditions. Let's hope for some excellent weather and another great time.

Select the option that applies to you then get your registration form and cheque off right away!

Option 1: If you want the Dyno and track event with instructor the amount will be $472.50 per driver.
Option 2: If you just want the track event with instructor the amount will be $315.00 per driver.
Option 3: If you want just the track event without instructor (MUST have track experience!) the amount will be $210.00 per driver. This is a valid option for those that attended last years event.
The Sunday drive is free (Viper only).
The BBQ is free (Viper only).
The get together dinner and finish gathering at Boston Pizza is 'everyone pays their own'.

Since we're joining a Davenport track event there's no Viper requirement for that event - so if you have a friend, spouse or colleague that you would like to join us at the track night just let me know. It's highly likely we can accommodate them (but not guaranteed). However, for the Sunday Drive and the BBQ, it's a Viper only event. No Viper - no come!

So - if you want to join up just send me an e-mail at [email protected] and I'll send you a registration form. Fill out the form, attach a cheque, mail it to me and we're good to go!

Our registration deadline is May 20th.

[email protected]

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One thing I'm curious about is for any that are out of town if they are gonna stay over night . If so where at so maybe we can all stay at the same hotel . I'm with in distance to travel home at night but if there are other members staying . Maybe we can stay at the Deerfoot inn or somewhere close to the track and the event ? I'm open to what ever .

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news Greg, I am in for the run and the track day.
Ditto

Got to check my work travel schedule tomorrow(fingers crossed)but I'm looking forward to the road trip and track night.

If the trip lands us in the Calgary area near the end of the day, I could host the BBQ again unless you want an alternate locale.

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad that at least some of the guys from last year are coming! Yeah!

I know the Deerfoot Inn has 24 hour security that also patrols the lot. In my opinion it's a good choice for out of towners but I think there's a better hotel 1 block to the west - I forgot the name...... I can check later this week. It's associated with the Deerfoot and they use the same security staff.

Jim, Thanks for offering to host the BBQ again. Although we were small in numbers last year, it was a great time. Thank you.

For those that are nervous about tracking their car please ask some of the folks that attended last years event. Almost all of them were first timers and we were on a wet, cold track and we had ZERO issues. None. This is a great forum to have that discussion, but know this - we will not hang you out to dry. We always error on the side of safety - by far.

I was on track all day yesterday and today and despite overnight snow the track is in excellent condition. It's not the smoothest track in the world but it's not bad. It's at least as good as last year and because of some recent patches (as recent as Thursday) I think it's even better.

As for 'the garage' - Boston Pizza is a 3 minute walk from my house so I think we can arrange a tour....... Should I keep everything under wraps until then? Is the Viper Event going to be the premiere of my garage? It might be fun!

Greg

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol well a tease may get more people to cancel there previous plans if they have any and make sure they are there for the tour.lol

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As for 'the garage' - Boston Pizza is a 3 minute walk from my house so I think we can arrange a tour....... Should I keep everything under wraps until then? Is the Viper Event going to be the premiere of my garage? It might be fun!

Greg[/quote]

Will there be any damn beer in it this time????????? HAHAHAHAHAHA:headbang:

Whipz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Count me in as well... Check is in the mail.

Sorry I missed out on the weekend. I still don't have my suspension back from the machine shop in Seattle.. Stay tuned for my prototype 'Variable Ride Height Air Suspension'.

Garrett

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Garret! It'll be nice to see your new ride.

Welcome to 'The Dark Side'!

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10 days left for registration!

I'm hoping that this years event will be bigger than last years event!

Remember that for those that attended last year (and want to run without an instructor) the cost is only $210. That's as inexpensive as Race City gets.

We're very thin on Dyno runs. Please let me know ASAP if you're interested otherwise I'll 'unblock' the dyno time I've reserved.

Thanks,

Greg

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
10 days left for registration!

I'm hoping that this years event will be bigger than last years event!

Remember that for those that attended last year (and want to run without an instructor) the cost is only $210. That's as inexpensive as Race City gets.

We're very thin on Dyno runs. Please let me know ASAP if you're interested otherwise I'll 'unblock' the dyno time I've reserved.

Thanks,

Greg

I will go with an instructor again this year. Can never learn too much about tracking. Will use HRSSSSS as HSSSSSS is in getting paint.

I had Davenport dyno tune HRSSSSS last winter. They screwed up on tuning HSSSSSS after the motor swap so they will be doing it over on their dime.

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will go with an instructor again this year. Can never learn too much about tracking. Will use HRSSSSS as HSSSSSS is in getting paint.

I had Davenport dyno tune HRSSSSS last winter. They screwed up on tuning HSSSSSS after the motor swap so they will be doing it over on their dime.

HSSSSSS and HRSSSSS - I love it!

Hilarious!:lmao:

G

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HSSSSSS and HRSSSSS - I love it!

Hilarious!:lmao:

G

picture.php

picture.php

ChoklatMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Everybody!

I'm a Viper ******! LOL

Just bought my first Viper after a long wait and a lot of hard work, and have joined the ranks.

I've also signed up for the Calgary event at the end of the month, so am looking forward to meeting other enthusiasts.

I met up with HSSSSSS and Breadman the other evening, and started a 3-deep yellow viper train for a while. That was cool!

Hope to meet some of you at the end of the month.

Cheers!
ChoklatMan (aka Brad)

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Everybody!

I'm a Viper ******! LOL

Just bought my first Viper after a long wait and a lot of hard work, and have joined the ranks.

I've also signed up for the Calgary event at the end of the month, so am looking forward to meeting other enthusiasts.

I met up with HSSSSSS and Breadman the other evening, and started a 3-deep yellow viper train for a while. That was cool!

Hope to meet some of you at the end of the month.

Cheers!
ChoklatMan (aka Brad)

Hey CoklatMan, Welcome aboard.:2tu:
I was just telling BREADMAN I would have to e-mail you to see where you were. Glad to see you made it. Another FAAAASSSSSST yellow member.:D:D For sure we will have to make the Calgary event. :headbang:

ChoklatMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

I'll be sure to post some photos.

I managed to get the car home and into the garage in between snow storms last week, and to be honest, have been having too much fun driving it :drive: to stop and take photos of it! :D (I don't think this emoticon has a smile big enough to do mine justice)

So far it's a stock yellow SRT/10 convertible. We'll see where I go from there. I'm sure many of you on the forum have some ideas!

That being said, I'll start my inaguration to this forum with a fun story:

I've always liked the viper because it's an uncommon (and bloody fast) car. Lot's of vettes, and other sports cars out there, but very few vipers. It always seemed to me that yellow was also an uncommon color. I'd never seen a yellow one in Calgary, so when the opportunity arose, I picked one up.

The other evening, I was driving home with my girlfriend. We were stopped at a red light, and what goes whizzing by me? Not one, but TWO YELLOW vipers! I quickly turned off, and for the next 15 minutes there were THREE yellow vipers driving around the North West.

Until that moment, like I said, I'd never seen another yellow viper in Calgary. What were the odds that not only 7 days after I bought one, not only did I see TWO, but both of them at the exact same time, WHILE I was driving mine!!!:dunno:

I should have bought a lottery ticket!

Anyway, we stopped, and chatted for a bit, and that was my first introduction to the Viper Cult! LOL

Here's a photo that Mike's sister took and emailed to me this evening.

Cheers Everyone!
Hope you can get out and enjoy the weather this weekend!

:2tu:

ChoklatMan
Choklat

Darn. I should have

Attachments

• ThreeYellowVipers4.jpg
    ThreeYellowVipers4.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story!

Fantastic photo. Could all you guys move out of the picture next time though?

Greg

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great story!

Fantastic photo. Could all you guys move out of the picture next time though?

Greg

Sorry for my friends rude behavior. What Greg meant to say was "Could all you guys move out of the picture next time and leave the gals in the picture" hahahaha.

Great looking cars. I LOVE the yellow...hehe

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Duh! Of course the gals stay!

That yellow looks awesome. It's like a taxi stand in heaven.:D

Greg

ChoklatMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
LOL

You guys are funny.

I'm really having fun with the attention this car draws. I was in front of a 911 Carerra this morning downtown here in Calgary and a guy walks right across the road, up to my car, gives me the thumbs up and says "Sweeeet Ride!", looked at the porsche like it was an old beat up firebird and walks back across the street.

THIS IS GOING TO BE A FUN SUMMER, INDEED! :)

Oh...

I noticed that some guys have put below their signatures some vehicles they own. I'll just do this once, 'cause they are mostly motorbikes.
07 Infinity fx35
07 Yamaha Vmax
84 Virago 1100
08 KTM 450 XCF
09 KTM 300 XC
10 KTM 300 XC
Garage Full. No More Toys Until I buy a bigger garage with an attached house.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery