2010 Calgary Viper Event

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Brad, I'm flipping burgers again.....
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

OMG, I hope she's got different boots for the Jasper run?

LOL, So that makes 3 yellow in Red Deer and 2 stock yellow Gen 3s in Calgary?

That's a lot of yellow Vipers. Didn't they used to be rare?

Ted

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,

I was at the track this Monday, Tuesday and last night - Thusday. The track is in excellent condition. Smoother than last year! Actually it might be better to say 'not as rough' as last year. Just the same, it's in excellent shape.

Flipping burgers - All Blue is kind enough to host the BBQ again this year. Yeah! Hopefully all the Red Deer guys won't turn tail on us again...:D

I'm still working out the details on the route for the drive but it's looking good too. I LOVED last years route so it's pretty tough to beat, but I'm working on it.

Greg

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well lets hope there is no rain then.Least this year even if it rains i have tire with traction and they are even on the correct rotation direction this time.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You guys could do the scenic Nimpo Lake drive-by on your way to Calgary?

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Red and yellow are everywhere, like belly buttons everyone has one. Now Sapphire......

Yah, I know. My 2001 GTS is 1 of 37 GTSs Sapphire with silver stripes. Of course my 2000 ACR is 1 of 25 Red with Silver. That's why I didn't make any Red comments. My Red is actually pretty rare!

Ted

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
We only have 2 Dyno runs (Garrett and Brad). I need to confirm with Davenport tomorrow (Thursday) how many we'll do.

Are there any more takers?

Greg

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so i maybe up early saturday .My neighbor may have a truck show and shine on the 29th.And then he has races on the 30th if his truck is up and runing.So if anyone wants to go to the show to look at all the big trucks just let me know for the 29th.Since some cars may get to Calgary early befor sundays run.

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So everyone wants a schedule huh?

I'll finish it tonight and I'll send it off to everyone that sent in an event registration form...... Thanks for completing the forms it makes things WAY easier for me.

If you need to fax it, my fax number is 403-278-1588 or you can e-mail it to [email protected]

Last year we had about 15 people say they'd come to the BBQ that didn't come. Some didn't show up at all and many did the drive then just skipped out of the BBQ. Needless to say we did purchase food for those 15 people and we prepared for those 15 people - and then they didn't attend. Hence the registration form.

I do see however that I forgot to ask if you're bringing a guest to the BBQ - which can double our food order (I screwed up!).

If you're submitting the registration form late I'd appreciate it if you added that on the form. If you're not doing the track night just leave the track stuff blank.

I'd love to have all the forms by the end of the day today if possible. If you're not able to do the form just drop me an e-mail telling me if you're coming on the drive and BBQ and if you'll have a guest. Then I'll send you the Schedule of Events.

Thanks guys!

Greg

PS. I did a route pre-run on Saturday and it looks excellent! Alberta doesn't have endless twisty roads but I think I found all the local ones and have managed to include them on our route. There's also some interesting history on the trip and some great scenery. I've worked out a route that, I think, is exceptional. It ends with more than a hour of fairly twisty roads that are lightly travelled and lightly patrolled. BOOYA! It all ends at Jim's place for the BBQ.

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just drop me an e-mail if you're not doing the track but are doing the Drive / BBQ on Sunday. I need to know that you're coming and if you have a guest or not so I can figure out the food order.

Don't forget Saturday night! We're getting together for soda's and Nacho's! Plus, for those that care, the premiere of my new garage (it's finally done!).

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question.

What's the largest number of Vipers ever gathered in once place, at one time in Alberta?

Was it last year at the driving event?

Just asking......

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news.

Although the rain last year did very little to 'dampen' our event the long term forecast is for some clouds and no rain.

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many did you have then, Greg? We had 17 (or 18?) at Jasper in '07.

Greg

Jeez - I don't remember. Does anyone have a picture of the cars at Horse Shoe Canyon? We might have had 2 more at the track event. We lost a couple but then we gained about 4. I'll guess that we had 15 or so last year.

I'm not sure how many we'll get this year but hopefully it'll at least be close to last years number.

Greg

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just drop me an e-mail if you're not doing the track but are doing the Drive / BBQ on Sunday. I need to know that you're coming and if you have a guest or not so I can figure out the food order.

Don't forget Saturday night! We're getting together for soda's and Nacho's! Plus, for those that care, the premiere of my new garage (it's finally done!).

Greg

PM sent for sunday event.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news UFC fans, I just got off the phone with a nice girl at the Aveneda Boston Pizza, and they are hosting the PPV in the lounge on Saturday, only a 10 dollar cover fight fans!

Things are working out perfectly.

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well if everyone wants to run to Blackfalds saturday i am sure we will have the fights that evening.Usualy at our house or our neighbours.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Last Kelowna Wine Tour was either 25 or 27. Couple guys left because some punk losers thew a couple eggs. They got 5 vipers and my pickup truck so 2 went home. I think there was 15 (or more?) at Harisson Hot Springs (Hell's Gate and Back) last summer.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you guys could manage it I received a picture CD from Greg and another from Ron Nichols with VCA pics. I'm collecting pics and vids and have asked my son to produce for us a Western Canada Viper Club Video. So any pics and vids that could be sent to me would probably get used to help out with an area Viper DVD.

Thanks guys

Ted

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news UFC fans, I just got off the phone with a nice girl at the Aveneda Boston Pizza, and they are hosting the PPV in the lounge on Saturday, only a 10 dollar cover fight fans!

Things are working out perfectly.

Seriously? They're doing a PPV that night?

Crap.

We'll have to move......

I know just the place!

Greg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery