OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SNOW!!!???:omg::omg:

Are you freak'n kidding me? Unbelieveable.:curse:

Snow is forecast for tonight, maybe Friday night and less likely, but possible, Saturday night. The pavement will still have enough residual heat that it won't be on the roads but it's likely we'll see it in the fields and certainly on the mountains.

There is some good news. The forecast for Sunday is cloudy but precipitation free. There may be some wet roads from the night before but it looks like we'll be OK.

The even better news is that Monday is shaping up to be an excellent track day.:headbang:

Greg

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Crompton.

Snow should make for some interesting pictures! Keepers!

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I made a small change to our Schedule of Events and moved the Saturday night get together from Boston Pizza to my garage. With the pay per view event at Boston Pizza it'll be impossible to get a table.

Hey Brad - BP is only about a 3 minute walk from my house - you can still catch the fight if you want!

I'll order some pizza's so we'll still have some treats and I'll be playing a certain video that's just a little over 7 minutes long.

I've sent everyone that's coming an e-mail with my address and quick directions to my house.

We'll still meet at Boston Pizza to leave on our Sunday Drive.

Later,

Greg

PS. right now it's snowing heavily at my house......

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Raining heavily here. Stops once in a while, but the weatherman said this would be the best day of the week??? It was just couldy yesterday so he was wrong again.

Car show weekend, but I won't head out if it's raining here or there. winter ***** unless we're sleddin'

Ted

ChoklatMan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you Saturday evening.

I got the email with the address, and I'll be there for sure.

I've been riding off road motorcycles at an elite level for about 10 years now, and I think this will be a refreshing switch with some new faces.

Brad

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

If you can - please bring a lawn chair on the drive (for the BBQ). It looks like we might be a few lawn chairs short.

The forecast got worse - and now it's getting better. The snow warning has been lifted! Yea! We have a better than 50/50 chance of clear weather and the forecast seems to be improving all the time.

Thanks.

Greg

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Took this shot behind my shop at about 10:30 this morning.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove the ACR in this morning........

It's getting some service at the dealership. Last night I was a little nervous about what I'd be facing when I woke up, but I made it in just fine.

Greg

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took the car out tonight to get the new registration done.Hope all have done this so we don't have another three hills problem again.lol Only raining here for now hope it stops befor it turns to white crap.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I entered a Bing photo contest and would appreciate it if you guys took the time to vote for 1 of my pics. I even posted a Viper pic.

Bing Photo Album

Thanks
Ted;)

Sorry guys, I was trying to post a new thread, not hijack this one :(

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So at what point does Mother nature win the battle of BBQ vs no BBQ for you guys/gals.:dunno:
I've been looking forward to this for months and I'm still game, have all the goods and can set the food up in the garage but it's -1 and still snowing pretty good ???? Things can change alot by tomorrow but I think it is safe to say it will be cool and "damp" even if it stops now.
I don't want anyone to feel obligated "because it's so much trouble" and then stand around shivering and not have a good time. It's no trouble and I'm a die-hard. But that's just me.....
Thoughts?

You must be registered for see images attach

Whipz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I am kinda feeling the same hesitation. I've really been looking forward to this too, but in my imagination I saw a warm sunny day with the top down. I'm a little worried that if it looks like this in Calgary, the snow will be on the pavement to the West of here.

Garrett

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I woke up early today and thought Id give it one last chance with the roads. I checked and saw snow covered highways from Medicine Hat right to the mountains and I went back to bed. I wasnt going to risk driving in a damn snow storm so I am unfortunately going to miss out. I dont mind driving in the odd shower but it would have been either rain or snow all the way which is not fun in this car. I was hoping for some top down driving in the mountains as well and it doesnt look good for that either. Stupid weather. :mad::mad:

Whipz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a picture from the AMA Road Report Cameras of Highway 1 west of Calgary at the Petro-Can Interchange.....

[/IMG]

RACR77

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Given the weather we are going to pass on the run tomorrow, don't mind the rain but snow and ice in a Viper... I think the roads out here will probably be icy at 6:45am tomorrow and its not worth the chance. Still hope to make the dyno on monday if the weather cooperates.

Here is a pic of our driveway 15 min ago and its still snowing!

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance of just delaying the run for 1 week??..LOL.. Those pics look terrible. Id be game to come next weekend if that worked but probably no chance of getting the track rebooked for next week.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Given the weather we are going to pass on the run tomorrow, don't mind the rain but snow and ice in a Viper... I think the roads out here will probably be icy at 6:45am tomorrow and its not worth the chance. Still hope to make the dyno on monday if the weather cooperates.

Here is a pic of our driveway 15 min ago and its still snowing!

Maybe I could strap my snowmobile to the roof of the Viper..haha

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any chance of just delaying the run for 1 week??..LOL.. Those pics look terrible. Id be game to come next weekend if that worked but probably no chance of getting the track rebooked for next week.

Next weekend is the Jasper run if any of this group is going.
We have Three Hills s/s Sat. That could be on your way to calgary if the run was Sun?:dunno:
Have to wait until our team leader makes a decision. Are you out there Greg? Forcast for tomorrow is not good. Rain/snow and cool.:(

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sunshine here and the liar weatherman said sunshine tomorrow. I'll be heading for town in an hour

I'll be heading to Edmonton Tues (or so) on my way to Jasper next Friday.

Ted

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

it's not to bad here.lol Just got the garden tilled yesterday so of course it is going to snow.

Last edited:

VIPRRR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just rain here in Medicine Hat, but the VIPRRR will not leave the garage today.

ITS TIME TO CHARGE AL GORE AND DAVID SUZUKI WITH TREASON AGAINST MANKIND.

GLOBAL WARMING MY A$$.

THEY ARE IDIOTS, BUT SO ARE THOSE THAT BELIEVE.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just rain here in Medicine Hat, but the VIPRRR will not leave the garage today.

ITS TIME TO CHARGE AL GORE AND DAVID SUZUKI WITH TREASON AGAINST MANKIND.

GLOBAL WARMING MY A$$.

THEY ARE IDIOTS, BUT SO ARE THOSE THAT BELIEVE.

Hear Hear !!!!!

If we do it next weekend I'll stop by on my way through and we can drive to Calgary together

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well.... Everything is still a go. I live in the south end of Calgary and there is ZERO snow and only a slight drizzle - but it is wet.

Our route starts off to the south - then heads west. If the roads are only wet we'll keep going but we'll turn around if there's any snow whatsoever on the roads.

Lifes an adventure - let's roll!

BTW,
I did make a scheduling error, and it's not weather related. Tomorrow is the Indy 500. I haven't missed it since they started televising it except when I was at the Monaco Grand Prix. They usually run on the same day.

So I doubt there's anyone out there that wants to ride the sofa more than I do. But I'm doing the drive, hopefully not alone.

Then I'm rolling into Jim's place for some BBQ.

Anyway, hopefully we'll see some of the local guys tonight in 'the garage'.

I do understand if some of you guys cancel out though. Make your own call but if you lived where I live I'm sure that you'd be 'in'.

I'm fairly certain that the route south will be fine. I doubt that the route to the west will be good but we just won't know until we get there. Last year the weather sucked in the morning but I think we had a fabulous day. Hopefully it'll happen again.

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys,
Please post here if you're not coming tomorrow.

I'll make a call at 9:00pm tonight after I talk with some of the guys that stop by tonight. So check back about 9:30ish.

Our alternate will be an Indy 500 in my garage :eater:- then a BBQ at Jim's. Without Vipers.....:( How sad is that?

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I just got a call from Geoff. He's still AMPED and rear'n to go.
Greg

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm out guys. Too long a drive for too much uncertainty. I bought the vert for top down driving and its not looking like there's a chance of that happening. Haha.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery