2010 Calgary Viper Event

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am sure we are still in .Just waiting for the final notice tonight at 9 30 ish then we will be happy to get up at 5ish a.m..So the boy is off to aunt and uncles tonight so either way there will be very little sleep in the house tonight be it geting up early or going to bed late.Do to the fights tonight is what i meant..

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe - Hero
Shane - Stud
Geoff - Hip Cat
Rizzo - *****
;)

Greg
PS I don't blame you Sean - it's a long drive from Regina..... But you're still a *****! LOL!

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey! The system won't take the word! OK. Sean, you're a small adorable cat!
Greg

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I know but I have been caught in some ugly snow storms between here and Cow Town and it doesnt bother me usually but Ive tried to move my Viper in 1 inch of snow and got stuck and I cant imagine getting caught in some freak storm between Med Hat and Calgary. I have been looking forward to this weekend for a long time and I am depressed about having to put off another Viper event because of fu%k&%g weather. I even thought about driving on Monday for the track night but thats even crazier to drive for 14 or 15 hours for a 4 hour track night. I will be out there soon but it gets harder as summer comes because we love boating too and my wife and kids want to be on the water every weekend so I have to juggle family time with Viper time. One of these days I will meet up with all of you.

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so someone please text me with the 9 30 final decision please 1-403-392-0809 will be at neighbours for fight and need to let aunt and uncle know if we will be there to get Mason in the a.m. or if we are a go.Thanks and hey glad to be a stud sometimes.lol

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so someone please text me with the 9 30 final decision please 1-403-392-0809 will be at neighbours for fight and need to let aunt and uncle know if we will be there to get Mason in the a.m. or if we are a go.Thanks and hey glad to be a stud sometimes.lol

We already have enough to go.

We're a go!

Enjoy the fight - it should be a good one.

BTW, I'll text you right now.

Greg

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well we are up and on our way soon to Gasoline alley if an yone else is up we will see you there at 5 45.We ill wait till six then will decide if no one else shows up what we will do.

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorrrrrrrrrry Greg,
Too much snow out there for us to brave the day. You will have to add us to the woos pile.:baby::bolt::rain:

We hope you guys/gals who are tougher than us still have a great time today.:)

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The weather here is pretty good. It's overcast and the pavement is wet but it's not raining.

Who knows what we'll run into today but it should be a good adventure.

Sorry you guys can't make it today. Hopefully we'll see you guys tomorrow.

I'm off to fuel up!

Later,
Greg

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope it works out for you guys. I was choked that I couldn't make it for other reasons...not snow though!! Gotta love Alberta! I left Edmonton 18 years ago and have never looked back........you need to move to BC!!!!!
Anyway, I hope the weather clears up and track day is a success. Have fun!

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just hit Airdrie as the barbecue broke up due to the weather. We turned around yesterday at Red Deer because of the snow. I've tried this car in a snow storm before. No Fun.

See you guys at Davenport in the morning, as we're safely in Calgary now.

Remember, you don't have to run your car to go watch.

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We just hit Airdrie as the barbecue broke up due to the weather. We turned around yesterday at Red Deer because of the snow. I've tried this car in a snow storm before. No Fun.

past you north of olds.The only full sunshine spot of the day.

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a GREAT and adventurous day. The night before the weather was smartening up and we were "a go" Greg's garage is awesome.
Started with some sledding out of the driveway; -1 was a little frozen still
You must be registered for see images attach

All started well and as usual the yellow car was in the rear

All kidding aside, Brad and his new Viper were great to have join us and he sure didn't hold anyone up

Hmm this is getting interesting...

Chain up area

Snow Gnomes appear

Chains removed and we visit Elbow falls

Today we all had our own gas pump

and we ended the day with some sunshine and eats.

Lot of twistys, mountain sheep, a wheel almost fell off ( thanks AMA) passed a snow plow, saw a Texas longhorn on the side of the road, the RCMP drove up and parked by us but didn't want to talk to us:dunno: wedding vows renewed;) and 1 wrong turn. Lot's of pictures of stuff in between were taken by others I'm sure.
Thanks for everything you organized Greg
Man., I'm pooped

Last edited:

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW that last picture is amazing.Think your camera was broken cause it almost looks like a warm spring snowless day.LOL More pictures posted on new thread.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Balls to you guys.

I did invite you to the Laker's Car Show. Darkened my tan today. More importantly the new Black Z06 had to take home 2nd because my 2000 GTS ACR got FIRST PLACE!!!

Sat night we cruised from the Stampede/ Rodeo grounds to the "roundy-round track" and did a Parade lap after the trophy heat. Heard a few remarks at the car show that the Viper was quite popular at Thunderraceway.

Car parade and trophy lap will be featured on local Shaw channel along with some Car Show coverage.

You must be registered for see images

There was still another 20 cars behind and beside me at this shot. Over 200 cars at the show )downtown Williams Lake/

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you all had fun. Hopefully the weather holds for the track night. Who had the highest dyno numbers?

Garret.

653hp - I forget the torque.

We had a great track night. Dry and cool all night long - very nice.

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I'd like to extend a big THANK YOU to all that joined us at the event.

Although the weather was anything but co-operative we had a fantastic time. I think it really says something about Viper guys that brave the weather that we did. I'm sure the Vette guys would've been snuggled up in their garages next to their traction control and automatic transmissions.

Hat's off to all!

But I want to extend a special thanks to a couple of folks. First I'd like to thank Jim and his family for hosting the BBQ for the second year in a row. Thanks Jim - great job - again.

I'd also like to thank those that come from out of town. The local folk had some serious weather but the out of towners had to endure even more of it. Tyler, Tim, Shane, Jodi, Thank you.

Brad and Phyllis drove all the way from Fort McMurray! Wow! I know your trip took longer than anticipated but it was a pleasure to have you for the track event. You easily win the Iron Butt award.

So, despite some challenges, the Second Annual Calgary Viper Event was a success.

Thanks to all that attended!

Greg

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

next time if you get to red deer and the weather is the craps call one of us up. we will put you guys up for the night and even kick a truck out of the garage for the viper.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery