5 point harnesses

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, recomendations on brand, where to buy? Plan on using a BTR roll bar in the future too.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a teamtech and love it. got it from JonB @ partsrack.

there are generic ones you can get from summit, but the teamtech's are padded and quite comfortable.

JD

WCKDVPR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Teamtech makes a nice one with an additional strap across the chest that keeps the shoulder straps from separating.

If you plan on doing any road racing/track events, you should consider going to a 6-point harness as most sanctioning bodies are moving in that direction.

Regards,

Larry94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I prefer the Team Tech. I had a set of Simpsons but they wouldn't re-certify them necessitating buying a new set anyway. Team Tech WILL re-certify.

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy the Teamtech's but get the 6 point. Contact Curt (the prez) direct at
TEAMTECH Motorsports Safety, Inc....
POB 5586, 3258 Bay Road...
Saginaw, Michigan 48603...

Ph 989.792.4880...
FX 989.792.4858...
[email protected]...
www.TEAMTECHMotorsports.Com...

He is the engineer and understands the science behind the technologies as well as the most current (read often before they are published) belt requirements for Viper Days and SCCA.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SCCA has already announced that 5-pt belts will NOT pass tech efective Feb 05.
So why choose an 'already obsolete' system?

If you "call Curt" you will learn a lot, but he is very honorable and respectful to his VCA VENDORS who helped him develop this product. Cusrt will only sell at MSRP/Racer prices. Archer or PartsRack Please? You will save a lot.

P.S. If you drive an open-wheel lay-back chassis, indeed select Sabelt or Shroth or Willans. Especially if they are sponsored and you dont pay for them! But in a Viper? TEAMTECH! They have saved lives: Ask Tommy Archer