890 rwhp/840 rwtq ( LETHAL 750 + Heffner SCi )

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well everyone, Jason Heffner has done it once more. Raising the bar yet again for the most powerful SC viper (on pump gas, no nos)
Heffners Supercharger + intercooler is mounted on top of a Lethal 750 (550ci) with a 9:1 compression (the normal Lethal 750 has a 10:5 compression motor) The motor was built from the ground up by Apex Motorsports.
On motor alone (low compression), the viper made about 573rwhp and 644 rwtq (that’s with stock throttle bodies, 70 mm TB would have added about 15-20 rwhp to a 550ci motor), after adding Heffners Supercharger + intercooler, my viper made 890 rwhp and 840 rwtq :eek: , at about 12 psi. (very Conservative tuning due to the fact that i am going to ship the car over seas and wanted it to alwasy run on the safe side)
Heffner now has the 2 most powerful SC only cars out there.
Wanted to give a big thanks to Jason Heffner for his great SC skills, no doubt it’s the best Supercharger system out there, and Bill and Wayne at Apex motorsports for building one hell of a motor.

You must be registered for see images

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it fast?! :eek:

Very nice! Congrats! To all involved! Can't wait to see some time slips.
Where are you having the car sent to?

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well everyone, Jason Heffner has done it once more. Raising the bar yet again for the most powerful SC viper (on pump gas, no nos)
Heffners Supercharger + intercooler is mounted on top of a Lethal 750 (550ci) with a 9:1 compression (the normal Lethal 750 has a 10:5 compression motor) The motor was built from the ground up by Apex Motorsports.
On motor alone (low compression), the viper made about 573rwhp and 644 rwtq (that’s with stock throttle bodies, 70 mm TB would have added about 15-20 rwhp to a 550ci motor), after adding Heffners Supercharger + intercooler, my viper made 890 rwhp and 840 rwtq :eek: , at about 12 psi. (very Conservative tuning due to the fact that i am going to ship the car over seas and wanted it to always run on the safe side)
Heffner now has the 2 most powerful SC only cars out there.
Wanted to give a big thanks to Jason Heffner for his great SC skills, no doubt it’s the best Supercharger system out there, and Bill and Wayne at Apex motorsports for building one hell of a motor.

Mash, Congrats! ==>I am glad to see someone is finally attaching a dyno sheet to prove their HP claims. Lately there have been way too many claims of big #'s with no dyno sheets to back it up! If there was any doubt before, it should be becoming clearer that Jason Heffner makes the best supercharger system Bar None! Good luck with your car... sounds like a winner! Have fun and be BE SAFE!

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are great numbers but im not sure if im that impressed.
with a 550 cu engine shouldnt the numbers be higher :confused: ? i saw the dyno sheet for Dr Roofs DLM car and it made about the same dyno numbers on pump fuel with a stock bottom end and stock cam. hats off to Jason for building a powerful car.

ps. what was the a/f?
Max

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be interesting to compare dyno sheets on Waynes S/C
750 from APEX, with this Heffner version.

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are great numbers but im not sure if im that impressed.
with a 550 cu engine shouldnt the numbers be higher :confused: ? i saw the dyno sheet for Dr Roofs DLM car and it made about the same dyno numbers on pump fuel with a stock bottom end and stock cam. hats off to Jason for building a powerful car.

ps. what was the a/f?
Max

Max, unless I have missed it, I do not remember seeing the dyno sheets for Dr Roof's car. If they have been posted somewhere, let me know so I can see them. I believe David's car is running 15 PSI, Mash's is running 12 PSI. I really think you need to make the comparison with comparable boost #'s. You know, with 31 RWHP per 1lb of boost, according to Treynor's calculations, Mash's car should make 983 RWHP and 936 RWLBS/FT. ==> Now the advantage of the increased displacement becomes apparent!

==>DLM guys, once again, This is a post about a HEFFNER CAR. Try to remember that.

This is not a war.

==>It is simply a man posting how happy he is about having the most powerful supercharged boost only Viper on the planet!

If your car would ever be the most powerful supercharged Viper on the planet, even if it is only for a month, week, day, or a couple of hours, I promise I will not rain on your or anybody elses parade!

Let's give The Mash his moment in the sun for however long it takes for someone else to beat his numbers.

Let's try to act like adults here, ok?

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would be interesting to compare dyno sheets on Waynes S/C
750 from APEX, with this Heffner version.

Hugh, I was thinking the same thing. Where are Wayne's dyno #'s? Has he posted them yet? I thought I saw them on a milk carton somewhere! LOL!

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. Congrats. How thrilling is that! :D Have fun!!!

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great Numbers!! A lethal 750 only makes 573 on motor alone??? now enjoy that rocket!!!

Paolo, of course it's not a war, but when someone says Heffner (who by the sounds of it, has a great product and a loyal following!!) has the 2 most powerful S/C only cars out there and 1 is a Apex 750 w/a blower, it kind of (well, acutally isnt') true. But who cares!! Have loads of fun with that beast!!! A built motor should be able to handle about 30 lbs of boost! :laugh: :laugh: RIGHT BEN????

Mash, GO KILLS SOME BIKES!!!!
Gerald

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Mash are you taking her on the autobaun?

Enjoy and be safe.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's most impressive -- congrats! If 488ci + boost is good, 550ci + boost is, well, gooder :)

However -- stating:

"Heffner now has the 2 most powerful SC only cars out there."
"Lately there have been way too many claims of big #'s with no dyno sheets to back it up!", and
"If there was any doubt before, it should be becoming clearer that Jason Heffner makes the best supercharger system Bar None!"

is absolutely an invitation for a flamefest. Trying to say "oooh, but this isn't a war" right afterward is pathetic and insufficient.

To set the record straight, this is first SC-only Heffner car which is more powerful than either my or Roof's DLM car. I am not sure of where this "two most powerful" factoid came from? By way of example, here's a dyno sheet from my car from a while back, with the old setup:

Amusingly, my car made more torque and almost as much HP as the 550ci Apex/Heffner car, and more HP + way more torque than GaryA's car. And this is with the small blower and 15 PSI boost. I've seen Roof's dyno sheets (post coming shortly) and his is similar but a touch stronger than mine was. In retrospect, I clearly should have done some dyno pulls with the big blower @ 30 PSI, just to put an end to this sort of BS. Rest assured I won't repeat that error :laugh:

So... THEMASH, congrats on your car and go have fun with it! Heffner - keep putting out good systems and raising the bar; Doug needs some competition to keep him innovating :) The rest of you -- keep it factual, and don't post BS, or I'll have to smack ya down...

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like this is apples to oranges. One has more boost and the other has more cubes.

Bottom line. I bet they are fun as $hit to drive. :D

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> You guys warring over dyno queen status simply amazes me...LOL

It's a tempest in a teapot, no doubt. I'm just bit irritated when people make unfounded or unwarranted claims on the board.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amusingly, my car made more torque and almost as much HP as the 550ci Apex/Heffner car, and more HP + way more torque than GaryA's car. And this is with the small blower and 15 PSI boost.

Ben, just as a side note, my car made 25 less HP than the dyno sheet you posted, but it was done on 12 lbs. of boost. We're making some minor changes that will undoubtedly increase the HP. I'll post the results as soon as we dyno the car.

Congratulations Mash! You have an awesome car in every sense of the word!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tom - now why did you have to go spoiling the party with that $2k comment? :p

It's kinda hard to argue with put like that.... :smirk:

I guess fact is if you want a car that drives like an engine only car - and that satisfies us 99% of the time - then for that 1% we can flick a switch to make unbelievable power for a few seconds... no doubt about it - NO2 is the way to go to achieve that.... and let's face it - it does win races. Even the 8 second TT used NO2.

... but some just like to have the power under their foot rather than at a switch.... and those few brave souls don't mind paying to have it there all the time, anytime they want it, for as long as they want it.... despite the fact they'll have very little chance to use it for more than a few seconds at a time.

If budget was the thing - NO2 is all that would sell. The rest pay for it the way they want it...

gee I'd make a good politician :D

IMHO - any of you guys making 700+rwhp whether by N02, SC, or TT - you're all hero's of the black pavement in my book. All rivalry is ultimately sorted out at the track - and that comes down to who has the best chassis set up and driver - not HP... so the rest of the time - the best car and the fastest car, and the most powerful true car - may never be sorted - except maybe at speeds way beyond the 1/4 mile - and so the legends will remain and opinons will always differ.

A true top gun test would be 150mph to 200mph under controlled conditions - that would sort out who had the power.... but even then - aerodynamics should be the same to compare apples with apples...

Whatever - all you guys get to enjoy something the enthusiasts among us can only dream about ....for now!

THE MASH - Go FORTH and Conquer! ...and tell us what it's like to drive! :eek: :D

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take that baby to the track and lets put out a 9 second SC'er number!

Congratulations!! What a beast!

I do think this is probably the highest HP car on pump gas!

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great numbers MASH! Well done Jason!

For those who were wondering about the power levels the LETHAL 750 made on Mash's motor alone, here are some points of clarification:

1) MASH's LETHAL 750 was not our typical LETHAL 750 package. We built his with significantly less compression than the standard LETHAL 750 and with a more mild camshaft (since he could always make more top end with more boost). In addition, there were some other parts of the package he opted not to have installed in lieu of the supercharger package Jason installed like throttle bodies, injectors, etc.. In fact, I am not sure if his car was tuned when it was baselined since the engine was NEW!! Thought this might help! Surprisingly, for such a low compression engine, I was excited that it made a whopping 645rwtq!!

2) Keep in mind what level of boost MASH's car is making to achieve the level of power/torque. I have seen some other impressive dynos, but I have also seen some 'insane' amounts of boost too. With 12 lbs boost, it looks like MASH's car averaged about 26.5 rwhp per lb. of boost. NICE!!!! At this rate, MASH could have made 15lbs boost with a smaller pulley and would have probably seen about about 970RWHP!! Now that's insane...

It sounds like Heffner, once again, built an amazing car for Mashour. APEX was proud to participate in building engine and platform.

Have fun with it MASH!!
Be safe!!
-Wayne

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you guys tell me if any mods were made to the fuel system such as bigger injectors and do you have an intercooler installed. also what type of ECU are you using

thanks

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toronto ACR - you are dying to know these things aren't you? :D

The tuners are probably not real keen to spill the beans on everything they do as removing all the mystique kinda leaves one a bit naked :eek: ...no dispertion on anyone here... just common sense.... but if you've been reading here a while you'll be surprised at some of the gems so graciously given out by most of the good tuners here.

re your specific queries -

Intercooler? YES anything over 800rwhp and most below that - all have a big one. Running over 7-8psi without one when they are so readily available and make so much difference would be a bit silly (to be polite). The LETHAL1000 was not going to have one - but that was because it was only going to run 5.5psi and make most power via engine only.... Wayne has since been (wisely) talked into running one - and it'll be worth it if matched correctly and running 7psi+ - at 5psi there may be little difference - Wayne is checking that out now.

Injectors and fuel system upgraded? YOU CAN BET ON IT!! If you must know the specs for injectors find out what the model the Viper has and who manufactures them - get their rating in lb/hr at a given psi. That'll compute to a hp/injector figure at 100% flow....

Figure out how many flywheel hp you want and divide by 10 - that is the hp rating that each of the injectors you need must have and divide by 0.9 to gross the rating up to achieve a 90% maximum duty cycle - the most I'd recommend. You do not want to run injectors at 100% duty cycle in a blown car - there's no room to move. Some would go as low as 75% to 80% max... I'm more of a risk taker and would prefer the smallest injectors I could run - as they'd run better at low boost and under vacuum.

Most injector dealers will tell you what hp rating each injector has at a given psi (usually 40psi). At 850rwhp that's 1000hp/10 = 100hp per injector at 100% duty cycle.... so you'd want 111hp to 133hp rated injectors to safely run 1000hp at flywheel. A stock injector only has to cope with less than half that in stock form. INcreasing fuel pressure increases the rating (while decreasing pump life) - but there are limits - and charts are available re effect of fuel pressure increases.

I like high fuel pressure (60-70psi+) for better atomisation - but the trade off is more expensive pumps to handle it reliably and increased danger if a fuel line or fitting got damaged. Aircraft quality only here! 40-45psi is safer and what I'd imagine most are sticking with??

The ultimate would be direct chamber injection at several thousand psi like a commerical diesel in a superfine mist that atomises almost perfectly. But the practical limits at this stage of commercial parts available make that a pipe dream for now... but sigh... i digress :smirk:

Fuel pump must feed 10 of those injectors at 90% duty cycle so multiply flow figures in lb/hr by 10 and that is what the pump must flow at 40psi minimum.... but that would still be too low.... so you'd want a safety margin well above that. If a stock Viper pump could feed 850rwhp I'd fall off my chair. 2 pumps can be run in parallel but a regulatory bypass recirculation system must be maintained - keeps excess fuel circulating back to tank.

OP
OP
T

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo:
Thanks Paolo, I am having a blast with the car. Hope you get yours back soon. No doubt Jason will keep raising the bar and I hope you will have the next car that beats my number ;)

MaxedGTS:
I specifically told Apex and Heffner that I was shipping the car over seas and I wanted a car that was totally streetable, reliable and did not want to run higher boost (15 and above psi), due to the fact that I would be shipping my car and wanted to be on the safe side.

Dr Roof:
I would love to take it to the track, but due to me not having a roll bar, I will have to wait for a private track day.

Gerald:
The lethal 750 dyno numbers were on low compression and stock TBs, It would have made close to 600rwhp with the 70mm TBs and better tunning. The car was tuned just to get a idea of what kind of power it was making, we did not want to spend the whole day tuning the car just to end up putting an SC and retuning it all over again. So we just tuned the motor to set up a base line.
I cant wait to run into a Bike, its been raining here like crazy. :(

Treynor:
“To set the record straight, this is first SC-only Heffner car which is more powerful than either my or Roof's DLM car” , when I said the most powerful SC only viper, I meant on pump gas with no nos. I thought your car and Dr roofs has that external gas tank with race gas, which rules you out of the pump gas category. :p

My car made 850rwtq on a dyno run, but with less hp, so I did not post that. I also believe you are running about 16 psi Vs my 12 psi. my motos is also set at a high 9:1 compared to most SC motors that are built to run 8.5:1 or even lower.
Thanks Ben. I am having a blast driving my viper, but I am sure you know how that feels already ;)

J Smith:
You have no idea how much fun an 800+ rwhp viper is to drive, no other feeling even comes close.

Tom Welch:
??

Utahviper:
Thanks. I think it is the most powerful SC only on pump gas, but that was not my goal, it just happened. I just wanted a powerful motor that could make gobs of it on low boost and pump gas, and for it to be as reliable as possible. My viper was at apex getting the lethal 750 kit, and mid way, I decided to add an SC on top of it, had apex swap out the 10:5 compression pistons for 9:1 and when it was done, Jason installed his kit and presto :)

Wayne:
Thanks buddy, I wish you guys the best of luck on your SC 750. thanks for taking good care of my car while it was at your shop.

Toronto ACR:
No doubt the fuel system had to be modified, this car is putting out more then twice what a stock viper does. Upgraded Injectors and fuel pump are a must. I have Jason’s huge front mount intercooler, similar to the one GaryA has on his viper. Call Jason Heffner up and he can explain and answer all your questions.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mash-daddy - not to worry, I think the discussion is back on more factual ground. Roof's just posted his dyno sheet too (850 RWHP / 869 TQ SAE) which was on 93 octane pump gas. My car's got the external fuel cell because here in CA all we have is 91-octane pump fuel. Mine is also running significantly lower compression because it can run spray or (for a while, anyway) 30 PSI of boost :laugh:

I do want to congratulate you on so graphically demonstrating that a big motor with boost can make a LOT of HP with modest boost levels. I'm glad someone finally went that route. I'm already plotting my mods for next year, and I'm going to give a lot of consideration to doing a stroker motor for the same reason you went with the 550 setup.

Now get thyself to a track and let's see what that puppy can do!

LTHL VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All-
See my thread below this one....LETHAL 1000 dyno numbers....
With my 550 c.i. motor, I think we may be able to reach our goal of 1000hp (app. 850rwhp) with 6 lbs boost. It will be very close; may have to hit 7lbs., but we will find out for sure on Tues. As you can see in my thread, I was surprised to see around 725 rwhp with only about 2 lbs boost. Anyone else out there get these numbers with only 2 lbs boost?

This is getting fun! In the end, everyone wins with healthy competition like this!! I hope to bring down my LETHAL 1000 (finished/completed) to the NOR CAL Viper club dinner at Tuesday....Remember it is in Saratoga (new, nicer location), not at Mama Mia's anymore....

Happy Vipering....
-Wayne

OP
OP
T

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Ben, good luck on your next project. Dr roof has a beast of a car, thats for sure.
"big motor + boost = LOT of HP" :smirk: never thought of that one :p
Stroker is the way to go, you wont need to run as much boost to make all that power, not that you could'nt if u wanted too ;)
30 psi :eek: , us crazy ppl need to stick together :cool:

Mash-daddy :D

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's most impressive -- congrats! If 488ci + boost is good, 550ci + boost is, well, gooder :)

However -- stating:

"Heffner now has the 2 most powerful SC only cars out there."
"Lately there have been way too many claims of big #'s with no dyno sheets to back it up!", and
"If there was any doubt before, it should be becoming clearer that Jason Heffner makes the best supercharger system Bar None!"

is absolutely an invitation for a flamefest. Trying to say "oooh, but this isn't a war" right afterward is pathetic and insufficient.

To set the record straight, this is first SC-only Heffner car which is more powerful than either my or Roof's DLM car. I am not sure of where this "two most powerful" factoid came from? By way of example, here's a dyno sheet from my car from a while back, with the old setup:

Amusingly, my car made more torque and almost as much HP as the 550ci Apex/Heffner car, and more HP + way more torque than GaryA's car. And this is with the small blower and 15 PSI boost. I've seen Roof's dyno sheets (post coming shortly) and his is similar but a touch stronger than mine was. In retrospect, I clearly should have done some dyno pulls with the big blower @ 30 PSI, just to put an end to this sort of BS. Rest assured I won't repeat that error :laugh:

So... THEMASH, congrats on your car and go have fun with it! Heffner - keep putting out good systems and raising the bar; Doug needs some competition to keep him innovating :) The rest of you -- keep it factual, and don't post BS, or I'll have to smack ya down...

Ben, on 5/30 you posted on the dyno sheets portion of the board this same sheet and said it was for 16 PSI. On this post, you say it is for 15 PSI. Which one is it?

Ben, in the past, I have had a great admiration and respect for your car and your posts, but I have seen some things lately that, quite frankly raise the B.S. flag as far as I am concerned.

Ben, you said, "In retrospect, I clearly should have done some dyno pulls with the big blower @ 30 PSI, just to put an end to this sort of BS. Rest assured I won't repeat that error :laugh: "

What kind of a statement is this? You already said that the wheelspin was so bad at 26 PSI that the dyno could not read the power. Right? What good would a 30 PSI pull do?

I also expressed my opinion that there is definitely a diminishing marginal return in going from 15 or 16 PSI to 26 or 30 PSI especially if the intercooling capacity remains untouched. Your "extrapolation" of 1140 RWHP is an insult to everybody's intelligence.

Ben, you said, "Amusingly, my car made more torque and almost as much HP as the 550ci Apex/Heffner car, and more HP + way more torque than GaryA's car."

Let's see here, according to your previous "extrapolation" of 29RWHP increase per additional 1 lb boost....... Gary's car made 844 RWHP and 792 RWLBS/FT on 12 PSI. So for 3 more PSI(15 total PSI), that should make +87 RWHP and TQ. 844+87= 931 RWHP, 792+87= 879 RWLBS/FT. If we go 16 PSI, the car should make 960 RWHP and 908 RWLBS/FT. :D
==> "Amusingly", with either the 15 or 16 PSI route, this "should" easily be more power than what your car made at 16 PSI.==> But then they will also get into the "dangerous" area where the wheels simply slip and nothing can be proven anyway! ==>I do not think it will make this much due to the natural laws of physics with the diminishing marginal returns of RWHP increase per pound of boost increase, but we will see.

Ben, you said, "I've seen Roof's dyno sheets (post coming shortly) and his is similar but a touch stronger than mine was."

I said,"Lately there have been way too many claims of big #'s with no dyno sheets to back it up!"

==>You posted your small # dyno sheet for the 16 PSI, I would like to see something like the 19 PSI pull or whatever you got for a reading on the 26 PSI run. That would be interesting!

David posted last weekend about his 850 RWHP and 900 RWLBS/FT, I am surprised to still not have seen the sheet posted. If you have seen it, surely you posess the technical wizardry to get it posted here, please put it up I would love to see David's sheet, he is one hell of a nice guy!

==> So if you did not post the big dyno sheet and David's has not yet been posted, why do you object to my observations of the facts?

I am sure I will get flamed big time here but I am sick and tired of people with big egos and great reputations pushing the big B.S. wagon hoping people will believe their B.S.

Ben, you said, "The rest of you -- keep it factual, and don't post BS, or I'll have to smack ya down..."

==> Ben, you very well might be the one needing a smackdown.......

Here is some smack for you my friend: My favorite Ben Treynor post(On his video) 60-110MPH..."Next time I'll use the nitrous"... That was the funniest thing I ever saw! When I get my car back I will teach you the meaning respect with the creation of the baddest a$$ supercharged Viper video known to mankind! You will beg me for mercy! :eek:

Ben, I think you are a great guy, but you are out of line here and you should not always think you have to be #1 HP top dog here.

==>Repeat after me.............."It's OK not to have the highest HP Viper in the world."

Remember, "You are good enough, you are smart enough...... and doggone it, people like you!"...... No matter HOW much RWHP you posess. Trust me.

P.S. I can't believe I missed this early this morning: You said,"Trying to say "oooh, but this isn't a war" right afterward is pathetic and insufficient"

Like I said earlier to Maxey, THIS IS A THREAD ABOUT A MAN AND HIS HEFFNER SUPERCHARGED MONSTER. It is not a DLM comparo post.

==>If you want to start a war and boost your ego, why don't you start a thread titled: Ben Treynor_ "King" of the supercharged weenies...... Just don't do it on this thread, ok? Repeat after me, "This is a Heffner thread........."

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toronto ACR - you are dying to know these things aren't you? :D

The tuners are probably not real keen to spill the beans on everything they do as removing all the mystique kinda leaves one a bit naked :eek: ...no dispertion on anyone here... just common sense.... but if you've been reading here a while you'll be surprised at some of the gems so graciously given out by most of the good tuners here.

re your specific queries -

Intercooler? YES anything over 800rwhp and most below that - all have a big one. Running over 7-8psi without one when they are so readily available and make so much difference would be a bit silly (to be polite). The LETHAL1000 was not going to have one - but that was because it was only going to run 5.5psi and make most power via engine only.... Wayne has since been (wisely) talked into running one - and it'll be worth it if matched correctly and running 7psi+ - at 5psi there may be little difference - Wayne is checking that out now.

Injectors and fuel system upgraded? YOU CAN BET ON IT!! If you must know the specs for injectors find out what the model the Viper has and who manufactures them - get their rating in lb/hr at a given psi. That'll compute to a hp/injector figure at 100% flow....

Figure out how many flywheel hp you want and divide by 10 - that is the hp rating that each of the injectors you need must have and divide by 0.9 to gross the rating up to achieve a 90% maximum duty cycle - the most I'd recommend. You do not want to run injectors at 100% duty cycle in a blown car - there's no room to move. Some would go as low as 75% to 80% max... I'm more of a risk taker and would prefer the smallest injectors I could run - as they'd run better at low boost and under vacuum.

Most injector dealers will tell you what hp rating each injector has at a given psi (usually 40psi). At 850rwhp that's 1000hp/10 = 100hp per injector at 100% duty cycle.... so you'd want 111hp to 133hp rated injectors to safely run 1000hp at flywheel. A stock injector only has to cope with less than half that in stock form. INcreasing fuel pressure increases the rating (while decreasing pump life) - but there are limits - and charts are available re effect of fuel pressure increases.

I like high fuel pressure (60-70psi+) for better atomisation - but the trade off is more expensive pumps to handle it reliably and increased danger if a fuel line or fitting got damaged. Aircraft quality only here! 40-45psi is safer and what I'd imagine most are sticking with??

The ultimate would be direct chamber injection at several thousand psi like a commerical diesel in a superfine mist that atomises almost perfectly. But the practical limits at this stage of commercial parts available make that a pipe dream for now... but sigh... i digress :smirk:

Fuel pump must feed 10 of those injectors at 90% duty cycle so multiply flow figures in lb/hr by 10 and that is what the pump must flow at 40psi minimum.... but that would still be too low.... so you'd want a safety margin well above that. If a stock Viper pump could feed 850rwhp I'd fall off my chair. 2 pumps can be run in parallel but a regulatory bypass recirculation system must be maintained - keeps excess fuel circulating back to tank.

I love this guy! He really knows his stuff! Every time he posts like this I learn a lot! Thanks torquemonster!

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paolo:
Thanks Paolo, I am having a blast with the car. Hope you get yours back soon. No doubt Jason will keep raising the bar and I hope you will have the next car that beats my number ;)

Mash, Thanks for the vote to pass the crown, but I could really care a less for the title of being #1 Dyno man. It seems that it just goes to some guys heads and makes them posessed to retain the #1 crown like Golum was for the ring in Lord of The Rings...

Repeat after me, "It is OK not to have the highest HP Viper in the world..."LOL!

==> You will definitely have the highest HP one in Saidi Arabia for a good little bit I would guess.

I do not see you getting spanked by any camels in the near future!

P.S.=>Watch out for the camel ****** in the corners though!

OP
OP
T

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust me, i dont care much about the crown either. as long as my car runs like a champ and does not break down, i will be happy.
I dont think i will have the highest HP raiting in Saudi Arabia, maybe for a street car, but i know there are more powerful drag racing cars over there.
LOOOL @ spanked by camels. i am more worried about all the skylines (800 whp), 911 GT2s (ruf and Gamblala) and moded hyabusas they have back there, i will leave all the camel racing to you ;)

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To hell with the dyno's. Lets see who can put down the numbers at the track!! Come to the Viper Nationals and duke it out with the best Mod 2 cars in the country.