ACR Viper wheels

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
[/img]

Did an ACR ever come with this wheel or were they all BBS wheels? I saw one Viper GTS/ACR) advertised with these wheels and was told that it originally came with these wheels. I've owned 5 Vipers and consider myself fairly knowledgeable with Vipers, but never heard of this.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't recall there ever being the option to do a wheel delete on the ACR package.

Now there were some 96 GTS with unpolished wheels out there, so anything is possible I suppose.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/img]

Did an ACR ever come with this wheel or were they all BBS wheels? I saw one Viper GTS/ACR) advertised with these wheels and was told that it originally came with these wheels. I've owned 5 Vipers and consider myself fairly knowledgeable with Vipers, but never heard of this.

I saw that car for sale and NOt ACR did not come with this type of wheel...they came with light weight BBS style wheel (***** to clean). Steve you are right and the guy who is selling the car is full of sh*t.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
No, those wheels NEVER came on ANY ACR. I would have the VIN checked to make sure it is an actual ACR.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
denniskgb:3271317 said:
[/img]

I saw that car for sale and NOt ACR did not come with this type of wheel...they came with light weight BBS style wheel (***** to clean). Steve you are right and the guy who is selling the car is full of sh*t.

I thought that was the case. I emailed the guy and he told me it was number.... and came with those wheels. I knew better but just wanted to be sure.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Never, never.................though he may have bought it with those, but at this point might be important to check and see if the car is even an ACR. There were folks who bought decals and other minor items back in the day. Drop me the Vin number and can check [email protected]

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I remember reading back in the day that the 5spoke was the
"strongest" wheel dodge made for the Gen2. The BBS and
little 5spoke were known to buckle under extreme loads such
as supercharged motors or excessive hard cornering.

Ive known the little 5spokes to shread themselves, but never
actually heard of a senerio where the BBS broke. Other than
parting them out for a profit (or personal taste) there is no
other logical reason to seperate the BBSs from the ACR it came
with...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang