Alarm not working!...Help anyone?

SSLIDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
02 GTS alarm is not working. I can use the Key fob/transmitter to lock the doors and the horn does give one "chirp". The red LED light does not flash. With the doors locked, I can open both the back hatch (with key) and pop the hood open and the alarm does not go off. Any ideas (besides going to local dodge dealer)?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Alarm not setting...see dealer, check it out with DRB III...could be hatch or hood latch...maybe doors...last guy to post same was a hatch problem (score one for *****).

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
02 GTS alarm is not working. I can use the Key fob/transmitter to lock the doors and the horn does give one "chirp". The red LED light does not flash. With the doors locked, I can open both the back hatch (with key) and pop the hood open and the alarm does not go off. Any ideas (besides going to local dodge dealer)?

had exactly the same problem, hood alarm sensor wasnt depressing properly and was stopping the alarm from setting. Try setting your alarm while holding the hood sensor down with your fingers

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Right by the round rubber "hood bumper" on the passenger side of the car...about an inch toward the midline of the car.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SSLIDER, I'm having the same problem. Does your door handle light stay lit when the alarm is set? I think that it's suppose to go out after 30 seconds, mine does not go out. Let me know if you find the solution. My car is out of warranty.... Thanks!

OP
OP
S

SSLIDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GoldenVenom & V10 ACR.....Have not had the PCM reprogramed, my Viper is Factory Stock.....Neil-UK.....I will try that hood sensor solution, thank you!.....unreelviper.....My door lock/unlock switch goes out not long after (at this point attempting to) set the alarm. I will let you all know the results as I start to unravel this riddle.

OP
OP
S

SSLIDER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found the problem and have the solution. It is the hatch ajar switch. On the left (driver) side glass hatch gas strut, there is a plastic tube type device that the strut casing slides into. It contains a long, thin metal strip. As you close the hatch, the strut casing slides into this tube and depress the metal strip telling the alarm box, or computer, or whatever, that the hatch is closed. For some reason,(I think the torx screws came lose) that plastic tube casing that contains the metal strip slid down the strut and was no longer being depressed by the strut casing. I simply loosened the torx screws and slid the tube thingy back up the strut a bit. Alarm is working fine and no trip to the dealer needed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06Quad